SOD Interview with Ron Carlivati

• Members

Ron said a lot without saying anything and that is smart. He wont be called a liar for promising anything. It's never smart to start promising crap that you'll probably forget about, and fans will call you out on it. I, also., like the reference to Ugly Betty, which is a great show.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He said all the right things in my opinion. He said balance of stories, he said Viki would have her own story, he said that he was a fan and he talked about respect for the history of the show.

Now Dena and Frank said that when Dena came on, and something we sour. This time I think Frank's credibility is at stake -- and it damn sure should be. He has not taken reponsibility for anything and it's time he did. -- so maybe it will happen this time.

• Members

Dena and Frank didnt really get along. Frank made those comments that he "had to make" because he was EP without knowing what the hell Higley would do to the show. Dena made the comments that she had to, to gain acceptance, she made promises that she did not keep. I like Ron for not saying anything that could come back and bite him. Supposedly, Ron and Frank are really close, and will be working together unlike Dena and Frank who sort of did their own things.

• Members

I don't know anything about the internal mechanisms of the show. I do know that Viki did not have a story when Malone was writer either. Frank is up to bat this time. He gets no more excuses. I really liked what Ron had to say. If it doesn't come to pass this time, I don't think the writer will be taking the hit from viewers, nor should he.

Archived