SOD Interview with Ron Carlivati

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As I said to you on AIM Jay, I am sick of being optimistic w/ the OLTL headwriters. He starts out on my poo list, and has to work up.

Let his actions speak for themselves. If he can follow through on his promises and statements, then I'll be happy.

• Members

This man either knows all the right things to say or is a really good fit for the show. I cannot believe that he referenced UGLY BETTY - that show is the QUINTESSENTIAL soap opera and he's 100% right about a soap being a happy marriage of fantasy, drama and comedy. He sounds like he could know what he's doing. I also like that he's not going to abruptly end all the stories going on right now. Granted, I'm one of the two people left on this planet who still likes Dena Higley's work, so...

• Members

All I can say is that he damn well better follow through on Viki storyline and finally give the woman a solid love interest, be it a return David Vickers or some new man or fixing Clint for Viki. I am tired of the lies in regards to Viki with never any follow up.

I am happy that Dena the hack is gone, she did nothing for this show. And, I actually am glad Ron didn't get too specific, that is smart, because Frank V. and Dena H. always came out like liars from all of their quotes since nothing they were quoted on were followed through, especially in regards to Viki (ES).

• Members

I think I may be in love with Ron Carlivati!

Anybody know when this interview was actually conducted? It's only been what five weeks since Higley was fired. So presuming the interview had to be done a couple of weeks ago he really hasn't had that much time to formulate his transition. Granted, he probably had the heads up a bit before Higley maybe and could have been developing stuff in his head leading up to his promotion. But I am seeing improvement already. Better utilization of the vets. Better cast integration. Stories are broader and include natural interaction between family members and other members of the cast. I am only fastforwarding John and Marty scenes these days.

Archived