ATWT: Friday Discussion

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That bugs me to no end, but I usually loathe Dusty praise because the idea that he's some white knight hero who's never done wrong makes me want to hurl. Having said that, my guess is that that's merely plot point to when the big bang between Ali and Dusty is revealed.

• Members

Ugh...I don't think a flashback has been so overpimped since the Carly/Mike boink they ran every. fluckin'. day. for THREE MONTHS.

But, I oddly find it hot. I just wish there was a little more to show.

• Members

Hey, it's better than saying that dude from Hardcastle and McCormick. :)

Now that I've seen more of the story, I'll admit I think they're setting it up better than I thought. I'm just conditioned to expect the worse from Passanante. I think we all are.

• Members

This is the thing that kind of bothers me with the whole Noah/Luke story. While I am happy that Luke will have a love interest, I'm disappointed at the fact that they didn't develop things a bit more. I mean. You have Luke disliking the guy to suddenly interested in the guy, but you don't have either one of them talking enough to the point where an 'interest' could be developed...It's just thrown in there that Luke's interested in Noah. It's because of this that I find it a bit hard to swallow that Luke is suddenly 'upset" that Noah and Maddie made love. I could honestly understand Luke being upset if Noah and he had a closeness with one another; but no closeness has been developed yet between the two of them, so for me, it's just a little bit hard to swallow.

'Creepy' Cleo was a trip. I didn't know who kind of creeped me out more: the reporter that forbad Gwen to answer her phone or make plans (granted I can see what he was getting at about her being the main attraction that needs to be there for the folks looking forward to seeing her) or Cleo who kept cheesing it up everytime she was close to Will.

Okay, now on to Dusty and Emily.... Wasn't it just a year ago that Emily knocked Dusty over the head, dragged him to an abandoned building, and had him in bondage? Everytime I see them kissing I think back to that. :lol:

• Members

[!@#$%^&*], ATWT. [!@#$%^&*]!

I hate Cleo with the heat of a million suns, but the stuff with her and Will today was just TOO campy and excellent. WHY couldn't this be another show!? WHY couldn't they just spin the younger characters off onto their own show? They could be featured year-round, but they wouldn't be clogging up ATWT. If that was the case, and this whacky ass Cleo story was airing on that show instead of ATWT, I would be eating it up. It just pains me to think that ATWT...As the World Turns...is doing this type of stuff. It's just not ATWT to me. But I'm enjoying it. I just don't like enjoying it. I'm not enjoying enjoying this story. There.

Cleo is a goddamn nutjob. Through and through. Will should have just left her ass in the woods after that awkward, awkward kiss. I almost cheered her on when she clunked him over the head with the garden gnome. But then my unconditional Will love came back (it had been gone for a while), and I was ready to blow Cleo up for messing with him like that.

Luke and Jade have the most chemistry out of anybody in the younger set, without a doubt. Too bad.

Noah/Maddie floving was very interesting. I love how Noah lashing out towards Casey tied in perfectly with his feelings concerning his father. It made good sense. Damn, that boy is tall and skinny, isn't he? He looked even taller once he was prancing around in that towel (was it a towel? I forgot). That was quite the classic cliffhanger, with Luke bursting in there, expecting to find something completely different from what he saw.

Oh and...*why* haven't we seen a physical altercation between Gwen and Jade yet? It's way overdue.

• Members

I agree. I've also thought they should have their spinoff. And leave the rest on ATWT.

I was LMAO when she whacked him. :lol:

It was a nice cliffhanger but would've had more impact if Noah and Will were closer. At least shared 1 conversation....LOL...Pissanante the hack....LOL

• Members

^^ I've been aware of the fact that Grant has been directing ATWT for sometime now, but--just curious--I don't believe he was on stage when ATWT won this year's Best Directing Team Award at the Daytime Emmys. Anyone know why?

• Members

Well, I'm not sure if he's included in that win or not. I know he directed episodes last year, but maybe there's some kind of threshold he has to meet to be included. Or maybe he just didn't make the trip to LA.

• Members

^^I'm sure you're right, or very close to the truth. I was just imagining whethher Grant would be committed or ambitious enough to follow the steps of Ellen Wheeler and eventually become a producer... maybe taking ATWT out of the current rut...

Archived