OLTL Discussion: Week of July 2nd

• Members

I really like JvD as Clint. I don't watch GL so I don't have the Ross issue. I heard he was great in that part though. JvD is just such a very fine actor. I'm not a big fan of Clint and Dorian. It requires just too much of a leap for me. A lot of people seem to really like them though. You know, though, I did like Viki and David. They seemed like they were having so much fun. But, they are just great friends. I still want Viki and Clint and Dorian and David. Whatever happens, I want them all to have a story.

But you know, where is Nora?

Friday's show had nothing in it for me. I'm not really interested in who killed Spencer. I was tired of him alive, I don't need to see him dead. I hate what they are doing to Miles. Today was strictly a Marty, Miles and Todd day and didn't do much for me.

I once thought the actor who played Rex was very talented. Lately, he has been awful. It's like he is preening before the camera and just overacting something terrible. I'd like to blame the writing, but really, he's just overdoing it. To me, he's annoying.

Like others, I miss Langston and Markko. Also, after the musical, the teen scene just ended. I will always adore Starr and I think Kristen Alderson is a special young actress. She's not a child anymore so I'm glad she is having a boyfriend.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only thing I am into is Viki and David, and I am really getting irked that they are being stalked by their former exes who seem to have no lives of their own other than breaking into Llanfair uninvited forcing David and Viki to their whim of peace. Why does Viki have to make peace when she did nothing? Never mind that to me they have pretty much destroyed the character of Clint because of all this ignorance of history.

The rest of the show is mainly blah, I kind of liked Sarah until she started dissing Viki for no reason. David makes the sun shine and should be back, Viki and David are HOT!

BTW does anyone have the SOD focuc group answer for OLTL?

• Members

I'm not sure what has happened to Nora...she seems to have just diappeared again. Britney and her crew will show up again next week and the week after....Langston will also show up again soon, but I don't know about Markko.

• Members

Thanks Scotty. I think Hillary B. Smith is such a talented actress. She really should be utilized a great deal more. Markko may have been brought in just for the musical. I don't want the entire show to be the teens. I don't even want much of the show to be the teens. I do like them being part of the show though.

• Members

Jessica and Nash were adorable this week. Their scenes were very funny and sweet and I hope that the show writes more moments for them like that. Also, at the risk of sounding shallow, shirtless David can make an appearance any time he wants to. The rest of the show however, isn't holding my interest at all.

• Members

I liked them this week as well. It was a nice week for couples, Mike and Marcie were adorable Monday and even Tuesday watching the fire works with Tommy even with Marcie's underlying secret.

Viki and David were great and fun to watch. Starr and Cole were cute as well...nice romance this week for a change. I liked it

• Members

I loved Susan Haskell as Marty and do like Christina Chambers as Marty as well. I think Christina captures Marty's essence, the writing's what is not up to par (but with Dena Higley headwriting, I'm kinda used to that and overlook it). And I agree about Miles, liked him at first, but now cannot stand him, he reminds me of Spencer. I sure hope they'll end up killing him off. ONE LIFE had 3 good actors hired, David Chisum(Miles) and Chris Beetem(Tate) & Randy Mantooth(Kirk) and squandered them with poor writing and poor character development.

• Members

Hopefully ONE LIFE will debut their updated openings next week. I'm so sick of seeing Paul Satterfield(Spencer) in them, lol. Also Renee Goldsberry(ex-Evangline) and Phil Carey(ex-Asa) will be out. I hope they update the pics for Hillary B. Smith(Nora, show her longer), Melissa Archer(Natalie) & Bree Williamson(Jessica). Should be added----Beth Ann Bonner(Talia), Portia Reiners(Britney), Justis Bolding(Sarah), Jason Tam(Markko, if on contract), David Chisum(Miles, unfortunately), Patricia Elliot(Renee) & Ilene Kristen & Patricia Mauceri(Roxy & Carlotta, I know they're not on contract, but show them in the opening anyhow, like they do Cat Hickland, who I've got a feeling may end up back on contract soon). Hey add Tuc Watkins(David) too, and put him back on contract!

• Members

Haha..I just made a post gripping about the same thing in the thread about the new GH opening. AMC had an updated opening on Wednesday and GH on Friday. The only change to OLTL's since Jan. 2nd was removing Asa's picture, and that was back in June.

I know it's a one in a million shot, but maybe by some miracle we will be treated to a brand new OLTL opening sometime between the 39th anniversary on July 15th and the 10,000th episode on August 17th.

Archived