PSNS: Galen Gering Offered Job by ABC's Brian Frons

• Members

SOD

Gering to ABC?? A month after Galen Gering was said to be transitioning to DIRECTV in August, a source close to the original cast member says he might not be sticking around for the move after all.

"Brian Frons, President ABC Daytime, offered him a job very recently," says the source. "It doesn't seem as though Galen has signed on the dotted line with DIRECTV, so he might be jumping ship." Gering's contract negotiations with the soap through the past eight years have notoriously gone down to the wire.

According to a setsider, the group heading to DIRECTV signed two-year deals. "If I do another soap, it would be in L.A." Gering has said, So that leaves GH and it's spin-off. "If it's a soap," winks the source of Fron's offer. At press time, a spokeperson for Passions assures, "Gering is going to DIRECTV."

SOW

Not so fast: Despite an official Passions release announcing he would continue with the show on DIRECTV, Galen Gering reports, "I haven't actually signed anything. I'm not sure whether I should." A show rep declined to comment but reaffirmed that Gering was set to make the move to DIRECTV. How long he stays, however, remains to be seen.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If you read the whole part of it you'll see that they meant if it's even a soap he'd been offered. They meant it could be something else.

"If I do another soap, it would be in L.A."Gering has said. So that leaves GH and it's spin-off. "If it's a soap," winks the source of Fron's offer.

• Members

He usually is difficult at contract time but I really have a feeling he will bolt. That is why when he was on the list of those staying I was shocked. Sounds like Passions jumped the gun. GG is overrated but he has a big fanbase and losing him would be big. I have a feeling he may be someone for either OLTL or GH but I have no idea who he would play.

I am not big on him but I love Luis/Fancy so this would upset me a bit.

• Members

As a Lucy fan, I'm devastated.

And if this comes to pass and Galen's a Greedy Galen, then I hope to GOD they kill Luis off that show. You just can't RECAST that role. Sorry, guys, who wanna make fun, but Sheridan and Luis (back in the day) were the John and Marlena of "Passions." That role is HIS just like the Sheridan role is MAC's. Others my do the role some form of justice (as seen with Kam's stint as Sher), but Mac is SHER and Galen is LUIS. It's that simple.

Archived