ATWT: Wednesday June 13th Discussion

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jade, Barbara (still with the lisp though), and Luke made today worthwhile.

Noah is really going off like an arrogant excluding jerk, and I'm glad Luke feels that way about him too. What Luke doesn't know is that Noah is just being that way to cover up feelings for Luke though, as seen by Noah's crestfallen face when Luke left.

I liked Paul's explanation to Barbara of what he hopes to do, and Barbara's worry about that. Barbara and Craig also had good scenes.

• Members

Really it was. I've never been MB biggest fan, but she made Lily and Rose seem like different REAL people. Cleo is...I just don't even have words for it. She's like a bad comedy act from Hee-Haw or something. I ff almost all of her scenes now and I still feel like I can't take it much longer. Probably because she has scenes with Babs and Lisa and I feel I have to watch those. :angry: I feel like I'm being conned into taking the worst with the best though.

• Members

Oh, I agree Cleo comes across as different from Gwen, but like I said, Rose and Lily both came off as different and REAL. Cleo comes off as a caricature of a hick. It's beyond annoying. I just cannot believe the show is going to keep her long term. I know there are some people that like Cleo, so I'm not trying to take anything away from them. Just expressing my own utter shock that this is going to continue for the forseeable future. I used to like JL/Gwen a lot. Now I can hardly stand her. She's on way too much. They've ruined a potential favorite for me. Maybe it'll get better now that Carly's back. With Carly, Lily and Katie around it can't be the Gleo show 24/7 the way it was for awhile there, can it?

• Members

I'm trying really hard to ignore her obvious hick nature. I'm hoping the writers will infuse some more culture into the girl over the weeks so that she sounds tolerable. I mean theres a way she can be southern, hickish like, etc but still come across as cool and sophisticate. Like Lisa for example.

And while I think its most likely that she'll remain in Oakdale for a while I understand why people want her gone. It would be completely random if they just made her Gwen's twin or w/e. Plus all the complaining and anger at JL would hopefully just stop.

I missed JJ/Faith/Parker and Carly/Jack/Katie/Brad today. Thats what I want to see more of this week!

And yeah I'm definitely in mourning now that I found out RH is married WITH kids...All the hot famous guys are basically taken.... :(

• Members

That's it exactly....Cleo is a cariacture. The entire characterization is a bunch of mannerisms. Her lisp, her unedited style of speech, her social awkwardness. They've spent two months of airtime with no real purpose to the character, other than her utter devotion to Gwen. ENOUGH!!

• Members

Okay...first off, Cleo is not southern and/or hick-ish. She's from California! Southern hicks don't talk like Cleo does, pronunciating every possible syllable of a word. If you wanta hear/see hick-ish or southern, the closest ATWT's ever gotten is Mike Kasnoff. And even he ain't hick-ish. LOL!! Want hich-ish? Want redneck? Want hillbilly? Here I am!! :D :D :lol:

I love Jen L., but her characterization of Cleo is not very different than Gwen. they both have the same mannerisms and smiles and such. Only difference is the voice and the appearance (buckteeth, hay-textured hair, etc.)

Martha Byrne. *swoons* Her double act as Lily and Rose. *swoons* Nobody does it better.

Looks like Marie Wilson was cold. :P I coulda sworn somebody's "girls" looked extra perky during the window ledge scene.

I thought Gwen said "my dead sister", but the more I thought about it, I realized she said "Will's dead sister". But even so, we never got a scene of Jen giving those earrings to Gwen...or did we? If we didn't, what sense does it make? Since that was the last time they saw one another or spoke...that conversation the two women had right before Jen passed. And I don't remember earrings. :blink:

Today's show: *yawn* What? Huh? ATWT was on? Oh. I must've fallen ASLEEP!!

• Members

Well, I live in Cali and if you've ever been to the desert towns (Barstow) you know they've got their share of people some might consider hicks . However, I wasn't putting down southerner's, bumpkins nor hicks. I'm just saying that they are making Cleo a stereotypical hick, imo. I come from a small town in upstate NY and my brother who grew up in Brooklyn used to accuse me of being a hick, so it's not just a southern thing. It's a stereotype of a small town person who doesn't understand the ways of the big city (if we can call Oakdale that). IMO, that is definitely what they are going for with Cleo and it's incredibly annoying. I've never met a person from the South, the Cali desert or anywhere else that acts the way she does. All I ask is that if they are going to keep her long term then make her act like a normal human being.

Archived