Days:Sami/Stefano spoilers

• Members

DAYS' Stefano to Sami" "Let's Make A Deal" - Summarized

The Phoenix rises this week on Days of Our Lives to oofer Sami a shocking deal to end the Brady/Dimera feud.

Sami and EJ confront Stefano by staging a "medical emergency" where he is taken from mansion and put into ambulance, it's where Sami goes into her pitch.

Sami asking why there's all this hatred between their families . Stefano tells her that if she wants to know the truth, she should ask Shawn brady, the old man. He knows - and he's known all this time.

Stefano offers a deal. "Stefano's playing this like a chess game," notes Mascolo. "he tells Sami that if she wants this [feud] to be over, she's got to marry Elvis and raise this child as part of the DiMera dynasty. It's that or forget the whole thing"

Deal or no deal?

Second Chances

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love that Grampa Shawn will play a central role in this story. He is the most under-used vet on Days. I liked when he asked Julie out on a date when he thought Caroline was dead. There was potential there.

• Members

OMG this is so freaking awesome! When I heard that thing in the other spoiler -- End of summer equals resolution "but for Sami, it's incredibly costly" -- I had hoped for something like this. WOW. I'm going to love this summer so much.

• Members

This actually sounds fabulous!

I assume that Sami and EJ will eventually marry, then she'll hate it at first and slowly but surely fall in love -- much like many other "forced marriages" in daytime that eventually turn to love. Then she and Lucas will probably come up with some diabolical plan for her to leave EJ without re-igniting the feud, but Sami will decide that she actually likes being his wife. Woot!

I just wish that Stefano's first scenes weren't with Sami. He needs to be out there doing something -- not just dictating sh!t from a death bed.

• Members

I'm inclined to agree. It's as if Sami has gone the route of Marlena- a hapless woman who is the continual victim of a Dimera. The show has just become obsessed with making her its central piece. I love Sami too, but she's overexposed.

Since it is what it is, If Sami and EJ have to hook up, why can't they just be a scheming couple? Lucas is already too self righteous and it's numbing to watch Sami be so easily bullied by the Dimeras. I'll never buy them as Luke and Laura reincarnated, but Bonnie & Clyde wrecked havoc together. Sami shouldn't lose her edge on the altar of becoming Day's new favorite heroine.

• Members

That's been my biggest issue with the writing for her over the last several months.

If she just turned into a weeping sack of sadness for one story, fine. But if they plan to keep her that way, I'll be pissed! I don't know what the writers of this show can't grasp about the fact that you can be a heroine and still have a wicked edge. It's entirely possible! Look no farther than Erica Kane. The writers just need to put some effort into getting it right. She can be a mature heroine and still maintain the edge that made her popular in the first place. If they just continue to abandon everything that Sami Brady is/was, she's going to become an entirely new character altogether, and viewers will begin to forget just why they even loved her in the first place.

• Members

I disagree that Sami is the next Marlena. To begin with, Marlena is a professional woman who finished public schooling, college and intern medicine and phychiatry medicine, spending years of dedication to her profession. Sami never completed high school nor did she even get a GED. Marlena is trained to recognize responses in people and glean ideas of where they are coming from and where they are headed. Sami has street smarts. Marlena is a sophistocate and Sami is as natural as natural can get. Sami is Sami and not another anyone in my humble opinion. A totally different sort of character.

To me, Ali is a fantastic actress. She could be the lead in a primetime show and become Emmy material the first season, as far as I'm concerned. The fact that she is on Daytime STILL is amazing to me. Of course, we all know she is getting more primetime exposure and since she is a human being, I wouldn't be surprised if the right offer came in, she would take it. Deidre did, but she has come back to Days. Ali has a stronger grip on acting, again in my opinion and may not be back for a long time if ever.

But back to the current topic, it's really growing on me. Scott is equal to Ali in my vision, too. What a great team they would make in primetime sort of like Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan in Remington Steele or Kate Jackson and Bruce Boxleitner in Scarecrow and Mrs. King or even Cybil Sheperd and Bruce Willis in Moonlighting.

• Members

Marlena also has a life that doesn't surround around grabbing the guy she's into that second, we see Marlena work without using it as a plot point in a scheme. Marlena's smart, Sami's got nuRoman's brain apparantly, Marlena's classy, Sami's ... well, Sami. She's an evil psycho beyotch whereas Marlena is actually a good person despite all the crap she's been dealt in life that she could have used to do evil the way Sami does. Sami will never be Marlena, not even somewhat close to a mile within. Marlena's an, most would say THE, icon... Sami is just another villianess in daytime. What she has going for her is that she is actually the child of Marlena Evans, and the product of a supercouple.

And where the DiMera's are concerned, not even Roman in his heyday could beat the effect Marlena has on those DiMera men. She was Stefano's worst enemy for heck's sake, WHY isen't she front and center?

Well, actually no, she didn't. Deidre was fired from DAYS, which DAYS regretted and for years they begged her to come back. She continued her job on Our House and moved on to do some TV movies and guest appearances she wanted to do while she focused on becoming a mother, but she missed Daytime too much (she didn't leave willingly) and when they gave her the right offer, she accepted for 6 months which turned into, well, 16 years later. IMO, Ali doesn't have the chops. I doubt someone like Aaron Spelling would offer to give her her own show if she wanted it.

Archived