SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

first of all...Dimera Mansion wasnt really the Dimera Mansion...lol god do your homework read the books not just the outlines .....also i guess this means ALICE HORTON will not be killed off...but doug and julie coming back to what unlock the door of the condemmed dougs place???julie will be annoying as ever..at one point stefano was fasinated with julie. also i asume if they are rebuilding doug's place set. thats why they got rid of Marlena's pent house for those of you who didnt know.. it was the same set after Dougs place left it was turned into Marlena's pent house. FACT!

• Members

Wow! Did not know about the Penthouse/Doug's Place connection! Interesting, considering Julie was the first to live in it...

And yeah, the DiMera Mansion was Kim and Shane's place, modelled after his childhood home in England.

• Members

Well, then... they better be bringing back "Doug's Place" permanently! In that case, the set wasn't really sold to "Soapstar," sweet! That is, of course, only if they're actually bringing "Doug's Place" back for good.

I totally forgot about Stefano's early fascination with Julie. I hope they touch on that!

And LMAO @ your "Julie will be annoying as ever" line. You either love her or hate her... there's no real in between!

• Members

Doug and Julie were my first supercouple, and I'm beyond excited to hear DP is going to play into this storyline. I have such vivid memories of those days and D/J, although written a little over the top the last few years, remain two of my all time favorites. Now I'm wondering what other wonderful surprises may be waiting for us. That's why I like these vague previews--anticipation!

• Members

I actually recall hearing that once. I remember a flashback being shown in 2001 from Bo and Hope's early early years, and it showed them dancing on a set that looked very similar to the Penthouse, and then I later heard that the Penthouse and Doug's Place were one and the same, and I immediately remembered the Bope flashback where they were dancing in the set that looked like the Penthouse.

I think it's true.

• Members

As was mentioned above, way back in his early years on the show, Stefano was fascinated with none other than Julie Horton -- much the same way he became fascinated/obsessed with Marlena Evans. Perhaps they'll touch on that, and maybe that's why there's a clue in the tunnels under "Doug's Place" -- some of it ties to Julie Horton? Then again, why would Julie -- a Horton-- have anything to do with the Brady/DiMera feud? LoL

• Members

Hmm... so it seems the set will be quite important if they are getting rid of the penthouse. Now I'm intrigued. See, it doesn't take a whole lot of spoilers to make me happy. All it takes are a few small, intriguing spoilers; a little something to show the writers are at least putting some thought into it.

• Members

First, Julie never went by Horton legally, accept in the 90's. Her name was Olson LoL. Though she used Horton in the first episode, so they'll call Tom and Alice, and not her parents when she got in trouble with the police for shoplifting. But sorry, the Julie Horton aspect was grating on my nerves. I'm so OCD.

It's not like the Bradys haven't always been conencted to the Hortons. Marriages aside, they were introduced as their neighbors and friends. Brady/Horton picnics, anyone? Plus, the DiMeras have made nearly as many indiscretions against the Hortons - Melaswen aside. He became obsessed with Maggie, too, in the 80's, and had Mickey removed. Only Maggie started to move on with Don. And not only that, Doug and Julie were heavily involved with the 80's DiMera vs. Brady stuff, at least to enough of an extent to make their presence plausible.

I likes it!

• Members

Oh my God, you're right!

Well, either way, what would Julie have to do with the Brady/DiMera feud? I'd like for them to touch on Stefano's little fascination with her, though... somehow. I know that the DiMeras have screwed with other families over the years (like Jack/Jennifer, and using their involvement with Peter as an excuse is a copout since he's never mentioned), but it's always billed as SOLELY a Brady/DiMera family feud. That's always annoyed me, but that's how they sell it, even if it's never played as such.

Archived