SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which begs the question... why bring her back?

Do the writers really have a long-term plan for Lexie? Stefano or Tony? Anna? If not, why bother with contracts? Why bother with all the fanfare if it's just going to be more 'writing by the seat or your pants' and making it up as they go along?

This show makes ZERO sense to me anymore.

• Members

How can anyone truly judge what is going to happen by these short previews? If you think it's going to be awful based on what has come before, that's one thing. But there is nothing to these previews; and certainly not enough to think it proves it's going to be the pits. As for Sami being front and center, considering she is pregnant with the dimera baby, it makes sense she would have an active part in it. I feel so badly for Ally Sweeney, she has done so much for the show over the years, and now the Sami hate is going to come sweeping in. God forbid, she has frontburner story, I mean, she has only been on the show for 14 years! lol

• Members

I think we should all write strongly worded letters to TPTB. I know it probably won't amount to anything. But, if we let them know that these previews don't excite us viewers, maybe something will be impacted? Sigh.

• Members

I guess I am in the minority here, but these do not sound too bad to me. I like EJ/Sami and really am going to enjoy them being a major part of this story.

As for Chelsea/Stephanie....BORING!

Chelsea and Nick were the sh*t....Chelsea without Nick just plain and simple sucks!

The backburning of S&K sucks MAJOR IMO...I really was hoping they would be involved in the main storyline.

I am going to reserve judgement until I get the SOD myself and read everything my self.

Also May previews weren't exactly that great and the show has been outstanding IMO.

Everyone needs to CALM down and just take a breath!

• Members

It'll take a week before our letters arrive at their studios.

It'll be another 1 - 2 weeks before they get around to reading them, if they read 'em at all, LoL.

It'll be another week from that point before they hold a writer's meeting, and we'd be lucky if they mentioned any of the letters or feedback from fans. Even so, by that time, they'd probably be plotting out stuff for October/November. So, I think it's too late to make any changes for this summer.

That's one of the sh!tty things about these shows writing and taping so far in advance -- it makes the changes come so excruciatingly slow.

• Members

Also can someone PLEASE fill me into to WHY it is such a bad thing that Sami is frontburner and leading the show.....Alison Sweeney is gong to be the future of DAYS (if there is a future) and has NEVER really pissed this many people off before with her screentime.

I want B/H and J/M too, and as Hogan said, they will be involved with this story, with each of them holding a piece to the puzzle.

But Sami is pregnant with the DiMera baby and I for one am not in the LEAST upset that Sweeney/Sami are going to remain front and centre!

• Members

It's the way they've gone about it.

Sami has received major airtime over the past six months, while J/M/B/H were barely seen. That set the resentment in motion.

Sami is a viable character, and Alison Sweeney most certainly is the future of the show, but that doesn't mean she should completely take over. She should have her own place on the show, just like Bo/Hope have their own place, and John/Marlena have theirs, and Steve/Kayla have theirs. In no way do I want the leads of the show to just be supporting players in Sami's story, or any of their children's stories, really. But it's happening all across the board.

I have no problem with Sami being involved in the DiMera/Brady feud this summer -- my issue is that, once again, it appears to be revolving all around her. Even the Brady 'ancestor' is a Sami lookalike! C'mon now. Marlena and Hope should be the leading ladies in this tale, as they've been the women affected most by the DiMeras... they deserve to take the reins on the final chapter. Like Andre explained, it's like reading a really long novel, and then in the final chapter they bring in two secondary characters to wrap up the story. It leaves with you a giant "WTF?!" taste in your mouth... it just doesn't sit right. Creatively, it's all off kilter.

Fans of Bo/Hope and John/Marlena (and even Steve/Kayla) don't just want to see these characters involved in the story... they want to see them DRIVING the story. Not Sami! The DiMeras didn't give two sh!ts about Sami until just the last two months! Before now, she was just wet in the cooch for Austin and Brandon or any other man of the month.

• Members

THANK YOU!!!

I heard the same complaints about May and look how it turned out. People complained last Fall about Days giving too much out and now that they don't, people want more. Which is it?

Nothing here suggests anything. It's vague as hell. The EJ/Sami angle is plausible in that your ancestors and the people that come before you can resemble you. I think it sounds romantic. WE have no inclination that Lucas. Kate, and Billie won't be involved in something. Alot of characters get left out of previews and end up getting loads of airtime. Just look at those CDN TV Guide spoilers we get. They always resolve around the same people but more people are always on.

I am glad they are mentioning Lauren. Glad they brought back that point. I have a feeling Nick is going to be offscreen for awhile. Maybe prison? I will reserve judgement on the teen story because it really doesn't sound like much. It actually sounds like filler.

As for Bo,Hope, John, Marlena, in no way can it be said they will be supporting when they don't mention enough here to suggest that. It is said they all have a piece to the puzzle. Sami has to be at the center. She is having a potential Dimera child. She is the reason this story started. As for the lack of mention of Lexie and Stefano, Joe would not return if he doesn't play a huge part so I won't buy them screwing that up. Lexie will be featured. RJ said in her SOD interview that she will be working alot. They may make her aspect of the story drag a bit due to Jim's health but she will be around. I am happy that Doug and Julie are involved too. That is great.

Steve and Kayla is something that bugs me. I won't judge yet but it seems like they are going to give them "happy" time which is good with what they went through. Corday did say Steve would be involved somehow in the Dimera story. He lies but we'll see. It's so vague I can't make out what will happen with them. I doubt he will get rid of them though.

I will just leave my post at that. I am very optimistic, especially since it seems the more vague Days is, the better it turns out. Sometimes I wish they didn't release these previews, especially lately. It's not worth it if there isn't much there and all it does is give fans a bad impression.

• Members

Sorry, but I think you are wrong here. EJ/Sami situation in this is what makes the story interesting. Without them, it would be just another boring Dimera vs. Brady plot we already saw atleast ten times. Soon or later we would have either Marlena brainwashed/kidnapped and John saving her, and/or Hope brainwashed/kidnapped and Bo saving her. With EJ and his love for Sami, and with Sami and her obvious weekness towards him, it makes the emotional impact much higher. It´s already much more interesting with EJ and Tony clashing and we have yet to see Stephano position in this. I don´t see EJ having any trouble with killing and entire Brady´s clan, Sami is the only one who makes a difference.

Besides, it´s nothing new that writer recreates past to reflect current storyline. And most of the time it works.

• Members

! 100% agree with you, but I wasn't able to explain it like you did! :) This Brady-DiMera fued has gone on forever, and it's the Sami-EJ dynamic, and the Tony and EJ fighting against each other, that makes it interesting. Every possible story has happened for Bo, Hope, John, and Marlena, and I want to continue to see them on the frontburner. And if they end up playing supporting players in this story, then I will be pissed. But the Sami factor is what makes this story interesting. And to see Sami treated like a heroine after all of these years, and to see the growing respect that her family has for her, well, it's that much more interesting to see her deal with EJ then. His love for her may make him a better man, while at the same time, if she allows herself to love him, she will be going against her family and make her Salems most hated again. This story, as the backdrop to the Dimera-Brady fued, is what makes it interesting and exciting.

• Members

Personally, I didn't think May was that great. Better, yes, but being better compared to March and April isn't a big feat. Also, reading the comments in this thread so far, I don't see complaints about not getting enough spoilers; I see comments about how the few spoilers we did get were underwhelming. Maybe underwhelming is the intent. That way it looks great on screen.

• Members

My problem isn't that the spoilers are vague. My problem is that the spoilers we DO get... well, suck, LoL

If this summer turns out to be a pleasant surprise like May, I'll be happy as a lark! However, that doesn't mean I'm somehow discredited in thinking that what's coming up -- based solely on these previews -- sounds like a copout.

I'll give feedback on what actually happens when it happens. For now, I'll just stick to giving feedback on the previews, which suck.

Archived