SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Members

[bTW Y&R Cover]

Hogan does the interview...

"We're exploring the origins of the DiMera vendetta against the Brady's. It goes back a long time ago in Ireland to an ancient romance between Stefano's father Santo, and Grandpa Shawn's sister Colleen. The two of whom, by the way, look exactly like EJ and Sami. We know there was a murder and its consequences are what began this vendetta."

Sami especially wants to put an end to the vendetta, Stefano's standing in her way [as well as Bart, Rolf and Tony]. Helping with "our" side is J/M, B/H, Doug/Julie, Anna and they bring with them a piece of the puzzle. Hopefully we're going to get some romance for B/H, J/M. End of summer equal resolution "but for Sami, it's incredibly costly."

PLUS!

Steve/Kayla, parents stuff to deal with. Kayla wants another child as well.

The kids have "a really fun summer story." They're flying back and forth from Vegas to Salem. "Surprise pairings and a secret involving Jeremy." [Nick is not included here]

Willow's death has a lasting effect on Nick. Summer of "bad luck for Nick." At the end, his position career-wise and with Chelsea will change. But he'll still be very close to Chels.

S/B/P triangle. Shawn feels he's in Phil's shadow, so he finds a way to distract Phil. It involves a pregnant woman, Lauren.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WTF?!

John/Marlena and Bo/Hope are only "helpers" in this story? Not the stars... just the side players? What a ripoff!

Why is Sami driving the story? The DiMeras have paid her zero attention over the years, and now suddenly it's all about her while the true DiMera enemies (J/M/B/H) play second fiddle? R-I-P-O-F-F!

• Members

WHAAAAT?

Flying back and forth between Vegas and Salem is the summer story for "the kids?"

I thought Ken Corday said that they were bringing things "back to Salem?"

And now we're back to the same old tired Shawn/Belle/Phillip triangle? Kill me NOW!

Oy vey. I don't know if I'm going to like this summer at all!

• Members

Oh, and it sounds to me like they're splitting up Nick and Chelsea. Great! The one thing that made the youngsters watchable for me, and now they're being pulled apart. GRRRR! Why? Because Nick's not a macho, butch, typical soap hero? Doesn't look as good on soap covers? Spare me. Gag!

• Members

*Sigh* So after all these years, the feud goes all the way back to a star-crossed romance that ended in a murder. Big surprise there. Can't we call in Brash and Cwickly for three months to give Sheffer THEIR outline for the Brady/Dimera origin?

• Members

Also sounds to me like Steve/Kayla are being backburnered bigtime. Part of me understands it, because there are so many couples, it's hard to keep them all in the air at once. But then part of me feels like it's a slap in the face to Stephen and Mary Beth, as if the brass at Days blames them for the low ratings, when that's now the case at all, IMO. It's the writing and balance that can be blamed.

Anyway, why don't Steve and Kayla get a decent resolution and payoff to their current story? Is Steve still as risk from the DiMeras or isn't he? Do they even care? Why don't they immediately investigate his missing years? GRRR, this show and their missing years and nobody's interested in revisiting them. It could be a creative goldmine that's just smashed again and again.

I wonder if the toy boat (or whatever) that Pop Shawn got at Stefano's funeral will be worked into the story somehow?

Still can't believe that this all goes back to some star-crossed Romeo & Juliet story where Romeo is an EJ lookalike and Juliet is a Sami lookalike. Ridiculous! LoL

Oh! Oh! And the line about how "hopefully" there will be some romance for J/M and B/H? Uh, Hogan... you're the writer. You should know one way or another whether it's going to happen. Don't just hope for it -- WRITE IT! LoL

Why is Stefano barely mentioned? His return caused much fanfare, and he's barely even mentioned!

Oy vey, this show...

• Members

I'm not gonna judge the DiMera/Brady story yet... it could be interesting, but I won't say anything about that...

Steve and Kayla story sounds like a snooze...

Teens story I don't care since Stephanie/Jett/Jeremy are all new characters that I don't give a f**k...

Nick could have a nice story there, but I want Chels by his side!

Shelle story with Philip intrigues me simply because they are bringing Lauren into play! :)

• Members

It sounds to me like Santo and Colleen were a "Romeo & Juliet" type of love affair. The Brady family probably didn't approve of the pairing, which caused the two families strife, and ended up with one of the Brady's murdering Santo, leaving Stefano without a father.

I actually like the backstory... it's very interesting and timeless. I just don't like the fact that Sami is driving the story while J/M/B/H take a backseat, and the whole "looks just like EJ/Sami" thing sounds pretty lame and it's blatant what they're trying to do with it, IMO. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach, but thus far, I'm not too impressed with the layout of this story.

• Members

Okay, yeah, the whole looking like Sami & EJ thing IS ridiculous... it's like, they are forcing us to like Sami/EJ pairing or whatever... I remember when PASS did something similar with Luis & Sheridan AND Miguel and Charity... were Miguel and Charity's look-a-likes on the Titanic or something like that?? Ridiculous!

I really wasn't hoping that much that Bope and Jarlena would lead the story... I know that Corday promised them a summer story, but I really wasn't excpecting it to really happen, because well Corday lies and it's obvious that Sheffer has a hardon for Sami...

If Bope/Jarlena are supporting enough and featured a lot during this, I'll deal with it... but if they are shown like once a week, while Sami, Shelle and teens grab the rest of the week, then I'll be very upset..

• Members

I totally forgot that Lauren was the name of Phillip and Mimi's surrogate! This could get interesting...

Oh, did anyone mention that there was no mention of Adrienne? I'm betting that Judi Evans will be dropped from her contract, very soon.

• Members

Wouldn't that make him a half-Brady?

I don't know how, but I'm sure that could somehow screw up the family lines once again and make some incest pairings! LOL

Anyways, isn't John supposed to be Daphne DiMera's son?

Archived