SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Members

Once again, like May, this is a vague preview so I think we should be patient and let things play out. The Sami/EJ scenes will probably be brief flashbacks to set up the Romeo/Juliet story. We've seen the chemistry between these two so they will probably do a great job as Santo and Colleen. Yes, it's a major rewrite of the 80s Dimera/Brady story but that's been rewritten so many times they may as well rewrite it again and include a tragic love story. It would be nice if some elements made it in (like the toy boat Stefano left Grandpa Shawn) and maybe they will; we'll just have to let it play out. I'm going to be optimistic because I think if DAYS doesn't have a fantastic summer, it's probably gone for good in 2009 and I don't want to accept that.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looking forward to the next "the plan to save Days!" cover.

these dont sound very good,at all.why dont they get it?! Dont they want the show saved? ugh.

the Sami/EJ as coleen and santo sounds so lame! will alison sweeny speak in Irish accent and JS with Italian? that would be so cheesy,so I'm guessing yes?

I dont know,non of this doesnt really scream MUST SEE TV for me.

• Members

I don't want "better." I want "the best."

They're getting paid to write this show as the best it can be, and that's what I expect, as a viewer. I'm not happy just seeing John, Marlena, Bo and Hope on screen. I want them driving the story! Not as supporting players, but as the leads they are. It doesn't even LOOK right on the show when they try to play them off as the little helpers... it comes off all awkward and strange.

• Members

especially with the show facing cancelation,they should do whatever they can to make the show amazing.not good,not boring but good written..but a good.solid,interesting shows 5 days a week.and stop bringing newbies NO one cares about.this is just stupid.

• Members

Exactly. I can understand some of the criticism... I'd put most of the blame on Corday and some on Hogie. But it suuuuuuuure beats what the hell we got from 2003-2006 (most of that time, anyway) and if NBC dares go back there then I'm really done with the show.

Enjoy summer, everyone. :D

• Members

Married couple dont have to be stuck in a triangle or be broken up to get a story.that's just Lazy writers who cant come up with anything new to do.an excuse.just go read any fan-fic out there for those couples who have them in great storylines and keeping them in characters.

• Members

I forgot to even address Jeremy's secret. Let the speculation begin!

Is he gay? Are he and Jett gay lovers? Aren't they in the military or something? Gay lovers in the military! LoL

• Members

I also agree with whoever questioned Roman's involvment with the story.not that I want to see Josh Taylor more then I have to,but his character did start the original thing and was such a big part of the story,it's wierd he isnt mentioned.

• Members

It means one of two things...

1.) Ken Corday nixes alot of Hogan's creative ideas, hence Hogan not really knowing for sure what will make it to the air and what won't, or...

2.) Hogan is a wishy-washy writer and doesn't know, himself, exactly what's going to happen yet.

Both suck.

Archived