SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And we wonder why Hogan/Corday barely do big interviews like this, they get torn to shreads...Wording really plays a big part of that...this one for example, i'm sure the Bope/John&Marlena ones will throw a fit because it doesn't make them sound front and center...When we know they are back working heavily...

These sound okay....I like the dimera stuff involving Sami and EJ...She is pregnant with a Dimera baby, thats a huge deal...I'm glad they are addressing Lauren, the surragate...The teen storyline should be interesting..I just hope Steve and Kayla get to stay involved with the Dimera storyline...But i know their fans have been wanting them to have another baby, so they will like that...

• Members

Working heavily... heh. I don't care if Deidre, Drake, Peter and Kristian are working five days a week if they're not written properly.

I don't want to see them playing second fiddle and being Sami's little helpers, be it one day a week or five. I'm not happy just having them on the screen for the sake of having them on the screen. That reeks of poor writing.

JMO.

• Members

ICAM!!!! Love love love the EJ-Sami spoilers and having Sami at the center of everything. Obviously Sami doesn't have the same sort of history with Stefano that Bope and Jarlena have, but she does have past bad blood with Tony that can be seized upon in this storyline.

I mean Bope and Jarlena have had their chance to resolve this thing and bring Stefano down for 25 years and failed every time, why not give the next generation a shot now? With backup from the vets of course because I want them back on screen and have missed them, but there's no reason Sami should take a backseat to her 60-year-old mother. Were you guys really hoping that Stefano's return meant the same-old Marlena kidnapping tale? This is NEW. And that to me is a good thing.

While some of you may feel like TPTB are FORCING EJ and Sami on you with this Romeo and Juliet storyline please keep in mind there are other viewers of the show who fell in love with EJ and Sami together last summer/fall and have been craving this very thing ever since it was learned EJ would turn out to be a Dimera.

For us, when the stink bombs started falling on the two of them once Hogan showed up on the scene we felt hugely betrayed by the show when Sami's rape storyline tried to FORCE US to like her with Lucas. It didn't work so if this is Hogan throwing us a bone here with getting some EJ and Sami time without her cheating on Lucas, what is the freaking big deal here? Ali and James have amazing chemistry so it makes perfect sense to do whatever they can to use it.

p.s. So glad they are resolving the Phimi baby issue by bringing back Lauren, the surrogate. That is one loose end that bugged me to no end and I have wanted a non-Claire storyline for Phillip.

• Members

Source?

If that's true, it's disappointing. Lexie deserves to take part in this storyline just as much as anyone else. She's been as affected by the DiMera/Brady feud as anyone.

• Members

If I were Hogan and Corday, I wouldn't even speak anymore. Corday sucks but still. I mean, what is said here is fine and, for the most part, calm. You go to other boards and it's like a bunch of hyenas pouncing on meat. THOSE fans are the ones I think only watch to have something to talk or bitch about.

The reactions here aren't bad, although I, myself, wonder at times about the negativity so I agree with Shawn on that score. My only issue is these are an overview of the summer and, typically, what you get in summer previews usually gives you spoilers for June and that's it. You hardly know what happens in July and August in these previews. The writers usually give nothing really long-term except little tidbits. Usually, you get some detailed stuff for the next few weeks but we aren't even getting that.

Back in the Fall, we had very detailed spoilers and those made it much easier to see where stories were going and so on. Lately, we hardly get anything worthy of determinding how something will go, which means watching the show is key because that is the only way we can judge.

It's ultimately up to the individual. No one can convince anyone how to go about what they do. People can suggest and advise but it doesn't mean anyone is forcing someone to think one way or to act a certain way. I think some of us are just plain sick of the negativity that Days has dealt with since January. Yes, it is deserved but now that things are getting better, I think people just want to focus on the fact that the show is improving and are hoping it continues. I think that some are just sick of beating around a dead horse and just want to see how the show does and enjoy it. That doesn't mean differing opinions aren't welcome. They are. I just think some are trying to be hopeful while others are trying to be realistic and have a jaded view based on Days and it's past, which is entirely understandable.

Whatever the case, I don't want to get into a debate over what can and can't be said. I think we just all need to focus on the spoilers and speculate as to what isn't spoiled in them since it's clear there isn't much there. We'll see. I am optimistic, as usual, and I like a good deal of what I am seeing now and what I am hearing concerning what is coming.

• Members

You certainly said it! I felt the same way. I've been a fan of EJAMI since May of last year. I was sick of the same rehashing of Sami and Austin or Sami and Lucas. EJ was something new and fresh. And when they threw in that EJ was a DiMera, it just thickened the pot. I loved the Brady/DiMera dynamic. And then, it was like the writers forced us to hate EJ when he raped Sami. Give me a break! It didn't work in the least because the EJAMI fans are still out there and we're gaining fans everyday. EJ and Sami need to be endgame. :)

• Members

That isn't true. RJ said she is back long-term. She even mentioned how she asked for a new dressing room because she wanted a new beginning. She probably took a pay cut (like I thought she would) and it's been said in many places she is on contract.

I am wondering if Anna is short-term. I haven't read anything about her that makes me think otherwise. Thaoo only signed for a year because of other projects so part of me wonders if they will leave together and Stefano will be the only one that hangs around long-term, along with Lexie. We'll see.

• Members

I love Sami and Adore Alison Sweeney.however,I do have a problem with sami being the center of THIS story.what Andre said was currect.I dont want J/M and B/H to be just a "part" of a story they should be the center off! and I'm not even a big fan of them,but I still think this is stupid.just because she is suddenly pregnant with a dimera baby,a plot that started a few months ago,doesnt mean she get's to be the center of a story going back 20 years.

they better use Renne Jones! she was AMAZING when Abe died and also her acting when he came back from the dead were amazing as well.

as for people complaining about negative comments..cant we just let it go? this same debate goes on here for at least 3 years.every one has a right to write their opinion,as long as it's not offensive to other people.this is a spoiler's board,ad we can discuss the previews.will it be better on screen? if it is,I'll comment on it when the time comes.but now,I think it sounds not very good. this should make me wanna tune in,and they simply dont.

• Members

Funny how they have to watch Days just to have something to bitch about, LoL.

I guess if Days didn't give them so many reasons to do so, they'd just tune into another soap to get their bitch on.

• Members

I have heard nothing regarding Renee Jones' contract status, so I don't know where that's going. As for her not being mentioned, do we really need for her to be mentioned? Stefano isn't mentioned either. Does that mean that he's not going to be part of this story? NO! It means that fans are at least expected to assume that as DiMeras, he and Lexie will be involved.

We haven't seen anything about Grandpa Shawn being involved in the spoilers, yet on tomorrow's show, he gets involved.

• Members

They do...some of them watch GH and do the same :lol: .

It's funny though. Days has it tougher then other shows. I am thankful this board isn't like others but some of those fan boards are just filled with nothing but bitching and complaining. Even last Fall, alot of those fans were against Hogan barely one week in to his tenure. Whoever is the HW at Days has alot to deal with and not everyone will be pleased. I don't remember the majority of Days fans being pleased since at least the late 80's. No matter how good the show gets, there will always be a a good deal of people still not happy with some aspect of the show.

• Members

I think he's just a temporary springboard to ignite the investigation. Once it's underway, he'll probably be used sparingly. Which I have no problem with, LoL. He annoys the holy piss out of me.

Archived