SOD: DAYS Summer Preview...

• Members

I agree with you Drew. Hogan did a great job of putting a kibosh on JER's longterm spoilers by giving the reveal ahead of time (I mean really, who didn't know that EJ was the BGH?).

Hogan did a wonderful job of laying out his plans for winter in SOD. What he had planned was coming true and then Corday came in and screwed things up like he always does. I can completely understand Hogan's vagueness and "hopefully" when giving out previews. I took his comment as a veiled shot at Corday for screwing up his plans and making him look like an ass.

Hogan spent months looking up DAYS history and watching old videos to learn the history of these characters inside and out. I don't think he'll do a bad job with this storyline. If he does, that's his ass and EVERYONE should blast him for it. If he does a good job with it, then so be it.

Hopefully the bleeding ratings have proved to Corday once and for all that contrary to what he may want...Bo, Hope, John & Marlena are characters that people WANT to see. They've been TRAINED to see them, and NO amount of attempted "RETRAINING" will do otherwise. Own up to the fact that you need to big 4, you can't replace them or get the audience to adapt to life without them.

Based on what I've read from the other soap previews, DAYS appears to have the best summer plans, even with the vagueness of them. Unlike some of the other soaps, DAYS is attempting to lure back their longtime fans with a story that hopefully won't insult the intelligence of the audience (GH anyone? Mr. Craig is Jerry Jax? Jerry got plastic surgery to look older, shorter and less attractive than before?). Unless of course the DiMeras are really aliens from planet Dimetar and Stefano's great, great, great grandmother was the Queen Mother of All who got upset that drunk ass Ole' Grandpaw Brady wouldn't be donor for her eggs.

"Cautiously Optimistic" would be what I am. I for one am a proponent of backburnering all who SUCKED up airtime from those more deserving, but if those (mainly the younger set) will be on, at least put them in stories worth watching. No more pregnant whores who suck up airtime whining and bitch that people call her a whore (even though is one).

Since JKJ's return, I've wanted a Tri between S/B/P. I could accept Phillip & Belle under Martha and Jay the way I couldn't accept them with Kyle Brandt. Maybe DAYS will be the first soap to let them engage in an open relationship. What better way to please Belle/Shawn, Belle/Phillip and Phillip/Shawn fans than letting them get in on together....at the same time!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Being a LUMI fan, this is a bitter pill for me. I hear the sounds of distant drums, the foretelling of doom for my favorite couple. Sami is no longer Sami. She is completely now a pawn of the DiMera's, complements of Hogan. Well, farewell to my lovely Bryan. I hope he finds a great job somewhere as it's obvious, Hogan has no regard for him. This summer means Sami pays a bitter price, well, maybe Billie, Lucas, Kate and Will all three perish in some disaster by summer's end giving a clean slate to the DiMera family heralded by Sami and EJ. A new Days is dawning.

Actually, I like all these stories and especially love the Doug's Place mention. It's hard to change horses in midstream but it's better than dying.

The ones I'm looking forward most to besides the rise of the new DiMera's is Lauren returning...however, she should have given birth in February and we still don't know if she is actually carrying the Mimi/Philip baby or the Shawn/Belle baby or the Shawn/Mimi baby or the Philip/Belle baby. With all that juggling of the embryos, anything is possible if Hogan wants to even go with that. It's also interesting that Bo isn't a blood Brady, but a Kiriakis. I think there was a long range plan for that.

I loved Nick and Chelsea until Hogan started making him so wimpy and lacking in the genius he began with. So sad. I thought Nick was well received by the viewers and Nick and Chelsea an adored pairing. This is a bad summer for him but he and Chelsea stay close, so that doesn't mean they are over....hopefully.

One no-mention was romance between Anna and Tony and that is something I've been looking forward to. They were such an elegant and playful couple to watch.

• Members

There are a ton of characters ... I'm not going to cry because someone isn't mentioned. Does it bode well? Probably not, but we won't know until we watch ...

Ryan. I love you. Your post was awesome and I totally agree.

Hogan likely wouldn't reveal too much because A) Corday likes to change things and B.) we all saw what happened last time.

There's a ton of characters and not all of them can be mentioned in spoilers. What do we want? Lexie nurses Stefano back to health ... Anna and Tony have hot monkey sex ... Stefano is cured ... Sami and Lucas split ...

I mean, lol, they certainly can't do anything like that. I'm with Ryan ... I'll be "cautiously optimistic"

EDIT: My 3500th post!

• Members

Nice Suzanne avatar. No, but romance for J&M and B&H are mentioned as having romance and Anna is mentioned but not Tony. I think it's something to mention. Also, that is not crying, for crying out loud LOL, it's an observation which I believe everyone has a right to.

• Members

Okay, I'm totally impressed that Hogan did the research and found out about the tunnels under Doug's Place, connecting it to the Dimera mansion. I was watching through that time, love Doug and Julie, and have no memory at all of these tunnels. Hogan being willing to do this much research and tie in details like this from so long ago make me a lot more optimistic about how this storyline will be handled. If Corday will just leave him alone and let him write, we may get a great summer!

• Members

WOW, a lot of things touched upon in this topic LOL. A lot of misconceptions and the usual SON double standards as of late...

IA with those that say it is probably not Hogan's doing for plans going awry.

But, that doesn't mean we take what we are given. If Corday chooses to intervene on good story telling and the results are disjointed, then he will reap what he hath sewed, and that is lack of viewership. If this is what is happening, it will be a case in history in repeating itself over and over again. These rushed storylines never pay off for DAYS. Well planned ones, always do. That is what DAYS has been lacking the most overall, non-disjointed carefully planned umbrella storylines. People will watch if they feel continuity and that is what soaps are known to provide, bits and pieces along the way. Whatever happened to Steve's past SL? Has it just been dropped?

- I am dismayed by the lack of vets in these spoilers, but like everyone said, it doesn't mean they will not be on. I will moan and groan if that happens. I don't think May was a big improvement for this show at all. There were patches of awesome episodes, (coincidentally involving faces we haven't seen in a while); otherwise Sami and EJ's dominance in the show is becoming jarring. Sami most certainly deserves to be front burner, and she has and always will be, but she should be there along with the rest of the cast. If they continue like this Sami and EJ will be the next Sonny and Carly... and we all know how that goes! The Shelle overblow has been painful because fans are left feeling like these characters have not grown at all. If they're in another triangle I hope it is worth watching.

- Sami and EJ being the focus of the DiMera feud is fine, but they should be there alongside the veterans of the show. This show NEVER succeeds in making the basis of ANY storyline 1 solid couple/triangle. Their major storylines always have peripheral characters that are often affected in major ways as well. Besides, this show promised a CHANGE. Sami and EJ on all the time is not a CHANGE for the show. Again, not arguing their necessity in the SL, their right to be there, or their awesome chemistry because they are awesome to watch.

• Members

I think that Nick's "summer of bad luck" will involve working for the DiMeras. Smart scientist boy... surely he could be of some use to them! They'll probably promise to make sure he's not implicated in Willow's death if he does a little dirty work for 'em.

• Members

That's not necessarily true, last summer in fact DAYS was most balanced than ever. And other soaps don't always do that either. And the teen over blow does not always bring in viewers either.

Besides, DAYS problem is they are always having the teens front and center. At the very least, for the past 6 months.

Archived