Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of May 21st

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^ It was a thing of beauty wasn't it? The hits kept coming for Brad and I loved every second. I think Neil putting him in his place and then Vikki backing up Brad was my favorite moment. I think Neil could lord his position over Brad every day for a month and I'd take joy in it every single time. :) I actually felt sorry for Colleen. It's not easy to face the fact that your father is a lying, cheating hypocrite.

Gloria is so delusional. I love her though and I love Lauren playing straight man to her insanity. The look on Gloria's face when Will told her she had to give up a DNA sample was priceless.

JT just needs to leave Cadrian alone. I'd rather see him try to win over Victoria. Although, I wish Victoria would leave Brad, Jt or no JT. I hate it that she's lying and cheating just like Brad. I don't like to see her brought down to his level. Just leave the bastard!

I love seeing Kay play the tough old bird. You'd think she'd give in to Jill on the Ji-Min issue considering she stole the woman's baby, but Kay just isn't hearing it. :o

Here's a Brad spoiler that made my day.

:):)

• Members

Ok...Have all of the Y&R posters been banned or have you all just abandoned ship? :huh:

Today was very good. I really wish the writers would give Sharon and Jack a real chance. They make a nice little family and Jack with Sharon and Noah balances his SOB side nicely.

Today make me realize one of the many reasons I find Y&R superior to shows like GH. Woman actually get to come out ahead on Y&R. Men actually play the fool on Y&R sometimes. It's refreshing and if you watch GH, you probably know what I mean. I love it that William actually fell for Gloria's scheme. Sure she's going down hard in the end, but that just makes the ride more fun.

I wonder if Jill will choose her job or Ji-Min? I'm not sure what I want her to choose. Men come and go, so she should probably choose her job. But she's been alone along time and she's financially secure. It'll be interesting to see what she does.

• Members

This has been a good week thanks to Jill being on everyday! Jill and Ji Min are the only ones keeping me interested. Instead of bringing on Victor Jr. they need to boost the Chancellor/Abbott families. Jabot's sets are so much nicer than Newman, so put them to good use!

Victor, Jr.'s age is a total disaster. He should be the same age as the teens, not Nick. What is the point of making him the same age as Nick as well? The teen scene could use a good leading man (Kevin doesn't count *vomits*) and he could fill the bill. Of course Phillip IV and Billy are actually needed right now and would be better.

I find it sick that they are praising Kevin's computer skills when he was introduced using it to find underage girls to rape and infect with STDs. This is truly sick, IMO. I can understand redeeming him, but they have completely glossed over his past, actually they are glorifying it. Speaking of Gloria, I hate that John is STILL slagging off Jack for secretly buying Jabot, but hasn't visited Gloria?

I'm still hoping the massive rating drop continues so Latham's sorry ass can be fired. The show is DREADFUL. Since Kay Alden isn't heading to AMC, why not bring her back?

• Members

I didn't get banned. I'm still here, but I'm more of a rat finding a hole to chew out of this sinking boat. Y&R can hook me and then it just unravels just as quickly.

I'm torn over Phyllis too. She is such a nasty piece of work. I don't care who takes her down--let it be longer than just a Pretty Ricky Late Night special.

I've been watching the show without much excitement this week. However, my frustration level has risen to new heights. Lauren should be charged as an accomplice! She knows all of Gloria's dirt but sits back with Michael and passes judgement on Jack? All those Fishers are so wretched. They're a bunch of nosy bodys.

I wish Neil's grief were being played off but I suppose the dialogue was saved for the Newman's. And yes, Victor Jr. should be in his teens--no damn near 30!

I'm sorry, but Noah's a brat.

• Members

It's going to be forever and a day to see Gloria getting what's coming to her...I hate the fact that they constantly pimp her ass as the victim, while a list of other folks are always facing the music time and time again.

I know that Noah is grieving and all, but he just annoys me...I think it's just the way he whines and how he does it that kills any liking for him.

• Members

I have a bone to pick....For years, John treated Dru like family, along with Mamie and Olivia, right? Okay, why did Latham have the gall to have John act like he didn't even know Dru when he said to Jack. Who was there for his mother when her friend Dru died?" Uh, NO...she should have been having him say, "Who was there for his mother when Dru died....Just the way they glossed over that was to me a little slap of not acknowledging John's history with Drucilla.

• Members

I've been hearing that the real Extreme Catwalk show is to come next week...

Personally, this is one of the few stories that I like now - hence it is rarely (read: nonexistent) feautured and doesn't need any development because it's pure fun and has no real value for the show overall.

The ridiculous thing is that this "story" has been going on for months and I'm 1000 % that the hacks writing this crap-piece of a show implied as early as February that the actual taping of EC is underway - so why was there this huge hoopla about Glo going on a business trip back then when the actual show is three months later until she'd surely be back!?

Y&R sucks.

• Members

I enjoyed today's episode immensely..all of the confrontations were on point. Colleen and Victoria, Victoria and Brad, JT and Brad, Phyllis and Brad and Nikki at the end. I also am glad Jill figured out what Gloria did. I can't wait until next week. It looks like Gloria is finally going to get what's coming to her. Even if she weasles out of the DNA test (which I doubt) Jill and Ji Minh have proof that she drugged them. I can't wait to see Gloria go down.

Archived