Y&R Discussion Thread: Week of May 21st

• Members
76-1.gif

Last week's Young and the Restless was a week of heartbreak, as we all watched the Newman family and other loved ones say good-bye to Nick.

This week, however, we will see the ramifications from Jack's past schemes and someone getting a proposal they most definitely DON'T deserve....

As always, let's talk about what we liked, what we didn't like, and what could have been left on the cutting room floor for this week's Young and the Restless

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Already saw Monday's show because my weeks is jampacked full...

My comments: My, my, my, where do I begin?

It was a great show, no doubt about that. Bernie Lechowick tries his best to safe the sorrry butt of his incapable wife.

For once characters behaved like characters and true to their character for that matter, discussions made sense - what a novel idea!?

Further, nearly ALL CONTRACT PLAYERS were seen on this one episode. Every scene was a shocker because so many faces appeared for the shortest amount of time. And SO MUCH HAPPENED - wowza.

It was overkill, though. My head was spinning after watching this episode - it was TOO MUCH.

My heart was breaking when Ji Min got the boot from Kay, I want my Ji(Min)-Ji(ll) - LOL!

Very dubious that the following shows can keep such a momentum, it's basicallly impossible due to this vast amount of exploded storyline momentum in just one episode. Especially since Bernie Lechowick probably won't writer another script anytime soon and he seems to be th eonly one who can work sth. good out of his wife's erratic mind.

But not to a Y&R-post without a WTF!? How old is Victor Jr. now? Landlord? Boss? Is Victor Jr. now in late 20, early 30s!?

Nothing against SORAS but just last summer - already uner the hack's pen - he was at football camp. That means Victor Junior went from 12 or so to 32 in a mere 9 months!?????

Get your act together LML!!!

• Members

I'm hoping Victor Jr. is only 20-25. He doesn't need to be 30-33 like Nick is. And if I'm not mistaken, I always thought Victor Jr. DIDN'T know Victor Sr. was his father because when he and Hope came to Genoa City, he thought Cliff was his father.

• Members

Where is everyone? This thread is dead.

Anyway, today was ok. I'm so confused by Brad/Victoria. Their conversations are so inconsistant. Is Victoria seriously convinced that Sharon isn't a thread to her marriage?? :o I didn't mind Victoria being Brad's patsy for the first year or so. Every character has to take their turn playing the fool or there's no drama, but if you are going to set the pins up, give me the satisfaction of knocking them down already!! I'm tired of seeing her play the fool. I couldn't believe it when she went to have sex with Brad at the office a few days after her brother's death and the death of her unborn baby. No one does that, they just don't. At least I got the tiny consolation of Victoria telling Brad she wouldn't give up JT.

Poor Ji-Min. Kay isn't going to cut him a break. I hope he disregards her advice and does buy a return ticket.

• Members

Jill and Ji-Min are so good. I hope they stay a couple for awhile too.

I can't believe will is falling for Gloria's little game.

I love it that Victoria dissed Brad in favor of JT. But it doesn't really jive with Brad and Vicki having that little romp at the off ice yesterday. They were giggling like school kids in love and now they are on the outs again. I like them that way, don't get me wrong, but it just seems inconsistant.

I wonder what Kevin is going to get on JT, if anything?

I was hoping Nikki would be a lot more angry about Victor leaving her in her time of grief. She seems to be recovering pretty quickly though. In fact, I think everyone has recovered to quickly from Dru's and Nick's deaths. Not that I want to see the characters moping around for months, but it should be a little more realistic

• Members

I have mixed feelings on the Phyllis situation. I don't blame Nikki for having her on leave. She's facing criminal charges. It would make zero sense to have her at the company when Nikki's every action is under a microscope, especially with the threat of Jack's illegal dealings coming out. I also agreed with Nikki to some extent when she said Phyllis was using Nick to manipulate her on the Clear Springs issue. At the same time, I feel sorry for Phyllis. I think Nikki and Victoria should put the personal issues aside and support Phyllis right now. No wonder Phyllis wants Michael and Lauren to raise Summer.

Archived