PSNS: Chad/Vincent promo

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because of the way NBC promotes it. The promos they air... they take the dramatic bits and try to make it look like a real, honest-to-goodness soap opera. Then when people tune in, they're like, "WHAAAAT?!" It's not that the show is terrible, but when you tune in expecting one thing and instead you get another, it's a little off putting. It's like putting a piece of chocolate cake in your mouth and having it taste like steak, instead. I like both, but the expectation of one thing and the deliverance of another would cause me to spit it out of my mouth. That's why the show never gained much of an audience -- it was promoted to one audience, while the show was creatively marketed to another. That's been a huge problem.

Also, the soap opera magazines report on it as if it's a 'real' soap opera, as well.

That's why I'm happy it's no longer on regular network television. On a cable network, it can work on its identity and hopefully DirecTV will promote it as what it REALLY is. I'm just disappointed that Comedy Central didn't pick it up. The show would be perfect for that network!

• Members

I agree with Rion.

We could agree to disagree on the semantics of "canceled" and "renewed." But here's the fact: I think you're wrong on this simple quote:

"Well, you're both wrong because Vincent's actor sucks! And the fact that people think that is good acting is a ) why daytime is in so much trouble right now and b ) why Passions has such low ratings and c ) why Passions was cancelled."

"Passions" wasn't canceled due to what you seem to call poor quality, bad actors, etc. It was JUST because they wanted that stupid "Today" show.

That was it.

And the proof in THAT pudding is that NBC worked to get it RENEWED and stated, several times, that they wanted to maintain the "Passions" brand.

So Vincent's acting, low ratings, and all the other excuses you may mention wouldn't be why the show, initially was canceled (although it IS inaccurate to call it that now since, to most people, that immediately means "dead. Out of production." It's an inaccurate term that no responsible news organization would use because of its lack of truth -- and I should know since I AM the media, baby! :)) It was ALL on "Today."

Check ... mate, I think...

• Members

Hmm, so, I don't watch Passions, but I caught some Chad/Vincent scenes the other day and thought Vincent's portrayer was a very good actor. The acting on the show seems to be better these days than I remember it being in the past.

• Members

Thanks for saying that! I agree!

You'll notice, if you read these threads that the board is SPLIT on the verdit of Vincent's portrayer. I think he's good, others think he's bad. It seems to be a controversial issue on this board, at this time. I'll update again with further developments...

• Members

Danica has improved.

Adrian Wilson wasn't horrible. He just had no emotion in his scenes and couldn't and wouldn't even try to convey it. It didn't help that he portrayed a boring character that was nothing more then a fill-inn for Luis when he was off.

The actor who plays Vincent is bad but it gets covered by the fact that the role is meant to be over the top. That helps him because since the role is like that it makes him seem like he is better then he actually is. Of course, that is only my opinion. There are some out there that think Adrian Bellani is the best actor on the show. To each their own.

• Members

I wouldn't go that far but she is one of the best and that says alot for her age.

Nobody can rank her above Juliet Mills, Ben Masters. Kim Ulrich, Lindsey Hartley, Brook Kerr, Liza Huber, Silvana Arias, and Emily Harper and keep a straight face.

She is one of the best but not the best. Precious was one of the best too. :lol:

• Members

I really wasn't kidding. She and Mills are the best.

They are the only two who deliver on a consistent basis. I can't say that for Liza, Silvana, or Emily (as much as I am obsessed with her!)

Archived