DAYS: Jett Carver and Jeremy Horton Cast!

• Members

Yeah. I mean there are definitely pros to these characters, but I just don't get why NOW. When things were finally looking up? Why are the going to balance Steffy and Tone and Anna with......two newbies!? Ahh. God, it frustrates the hell out of me.

Bring these fools on next spring or summer when the show is back in fighting stance.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Or bring 'em on now when the show is using what's arguably the last weapon it has. Anyone tuning in to see Stefano will have to see these new kids too, and that's kind of smart. That said, they need to play really, really minor roles before carrying any kind of story or even play an important part in a current one. Otherwise it's just Tek and Patrick again.

• Members

Watch the show, see if they balance these new characters in with the familiar ones, and then complain if it isn's done right. We may not even see them that much. We don't know if they will be shocked out throats like Gabby, Willow, etc. Like I said, watch and see. Both characters have ties to the canvas and they may work well with those we care about. New blood is necessary. I don't give a damn if the show is going off next week. Just because there is a possible end time doesn't mean you shy away from new characters. They may be necessary for something they want to do. There is a reason why the show has issues with incest and such and that is because Days doesn't have enough outsiders to intermingle the core families with.

People may turn out to like these two. One adds diversity and the other adds to the show's core family. If the balance is good and we are given time to adjust to these two, it won't be a problem. If not and then overrun the canvas, then feel free to condemn left and right.

• Members

Exactly. I'm pretty sure they'll suck, because Days hasn't created an interesting new character in a long time, but the timing of the introductions makes sense to me. So long as they show up and act as glorified extras there shouldn't be a problem. Hopefully.

Also, I like the idea of getting it over with now. Assuming the show ever gets back on track for more than a couple weeks, if they introduced new characters at that point it could derail momentum.

• Members

I'm not expecting them to be "glorified extras." Judging by the balance of the last several months, I'm fully expecting them to be shoved down our throats for the summer. It's gonna be all DiMeras, and all teens. Nuttin' else.

• Members

Yes, Eileen revealed that by the time she had finished airing she had already inked a deal with B&B, BUT, her departure was announced months before and there were like 2 months before she actually finished taping that she was out looking around and was free to work anywhere. She openly stated (or someone did) that DAYS had not even contacted her. It's not like the day she was told that her contract wasn't going to be renewed she signed with B&B, it was when she finished taping that she signed the deal.

• Members

Great post, Phoenix! I agree all the way.

Kristen obviously wasn't part of the plan. We don't need her. As of right now, what could she possibly add to this storyline? They told the story of how EJ became a DiMera and it was done without her. That's what she was needed for, but she really wasn't and the writers proved that. What would she do next? Form another triangle with John and Marlena? BORING! We've been there, we've done that. Do you want another example of Lucas/Carrie/Austin/Sami Part 2? I don't!

• Members

The same argument can be made for Tony, Anna, Lexie and heck, even Stefano! None of these characters are needed, particularly Tony, especially after all his character has been through for the past 5+years. A good writer can incorporate any character, old or new, and make them invigorating and good to watch. With someone like Kristen who was BIG on the show previously, and would be portrayed by an awesome Eileen Davidson, DAYS would have an interesting character and an awesome actress to work with. The same can't be said of Tony. Thaoo is awesome, but what is the character of Tony now? Destroyed, completely. With Anna the show has the tough job of re-creating her what 20+ year old magic and getting fans interested in her again. With Kristen that would not have been the case.

• Members

I'll agree with you about Anna and Lexie. I think Tony can bring in the viewers. And I know damn well Stefano can bring in the viewers. And you're right, Kristen was a huge character and icon on this show, but this was also during her last 2 years on the show. Kristen was pretty boring from '93 until '96. It wasn't until they turned Kristen evil and brought in the Banks siblings that Eileen Davidson became a staple on the show.

But back to Stefano and Tony not being needed, that's not true at all. The writers are finally telling the story of how the Brady/DiMera feud began. Stefano and Tony are most certainly needed for this storyline because they are DiMeras. Yes, Tony's not a real DiMera, but he's been on the show in that family since the family was brought back. Can we say the same for Kristen? No. She serves no purpose for the DiMeras, history wise. Tony and Stefano do.

• Members

Even Anna is needed, as Stefano and Tony, if only to help viewers accept Tony again and her presence from the 80's, when the feud was first introduced. We can't antitpcate what Hogan's answer to the feud will be, so we really can't discount her. Lexie, Kristen, and Peter are all 'new' DiMeras, so there's a very different dynamic. Kristen and Peter have the unfortunate (for their fans) stigma that they basically would only serve as a spoil to a popular couple, so it's hard for many to see what their fans (mostly Kristen's) do. I think we could have Kristen on the show again, and it could be great. She's not a personal favorite, but I can see her pull. I love Eileen. Just look at what King has done with her. Triangle with John and Marlena again? No, but definitely in their orbit and in a very interesting way. Proof that it could be done. I think that she would be a much needed rival for Marlena if she was written less one-note. Especially sinc ethey refuse to do it with Kate! But, Corday is also notoriously stupid. Most of these negotiations came through well after Eileen went to B&B. That was Corday's blunder, one of many. And there will be more.

• Members

I know I may get bashed for this but I have to say it. Drew is 100% right in what he said about ED. I love her to death and would love to have her but I don't know how she would fit in with current story. Yes, any HW can invigorate a character and utilize them but perhaps Kristen isn't Hogan's type of character or something. Back in December, Days didn't want to overrun the canvas. They did and still have budget issues only now the show is suffering ratings-wise and Corday is giving a big FU at NBC by bringing all these people back. I have a feeling ED may also have been brought back to if she were available now but she isn't. Life goes on. If you love the show, you watch it. The longing for ED is getting pretty old. It's been months now. I want Arianne Zuker back but I am not going to keep running around hoping for it. If it happens, it happens. Just wait until B&B inevitable messes up and cans her and then we can start the ED return brigade again. People like Anna, Tony, and Stefano are pivotal to this feud and need to be brought back. Lexie needs to be brought back too because they should have never fired her.

I also beleive she had a feeling Brad Bell was interested in her well before she left. Nothing may have been signed but perhaps Days heard that she had her heart set on B&B already or perhaps they heard rumblings she wasn't interested in Days or something. Just because Days never contracted her does not mean they didn't think of anything. They contacted her to use a picture onscreen so who knows. No one knows unless they are a fly on the wall at the Days studios.

• Members

I don't know, I think all you're saying is that a show can probably get along without given character X ... that doesn't mean that they wouldn't be a bad idea to bring back. If we've learned anything, it should be that a returning character's contribution is dependent on the quality of writing ... I understand where people are coming from, but in one sense the ability of a character to contribute is limited only by the writer's imagination, or lack thereof. There'd definitely be interesting ways to incorporate Kristen on the show, and certainly she'd be a better idea than Bart or Rolf. I tend to not buy the "no place on a show" excuse, that's only a testament to the writing. I'm with Keith -- there's certainly ways to make a return interesting and new, if the writers would actually have imagination. Why would Kristen returning mean a J/M/K rehash? Because a character can only have a storyline that has been done before? Isn't that dreadfully unimaginative? Isn't that, well, hack writing?

I'm not saying anyone has to protest or picket, but I feel people let the writers off the hook if they don't expect a little innovation now and then. No wonder this show can't seem to move forward, nothing new ever gets started.

I do understand the point though that a LOT of people are returning lately and more names are reasonable concern for worry, but that seems more an issue of the numbers and not if the writers can incorporate a character into the canvas.

Archived