ATWT: Jean Passante no longer writing for the show?

• Members

According to my friend(not going to name any names) that attended the brunch Ellen(Margo) Dolan had last weekend she told people that JP is no longer writing for ATWT and that it is just Christopher Goutman that is writing for the show now. Im just curious if anyone else heard this?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea. Ellen seemed to be running her mouth about a lot of things at this brunch. There were several things that I heard she talked about. I know that in SOD May Sweeps that Goutman talked about the show and there were people who thought that was really weird because of the fact that JP usually does it. I was just wondering if anyone else had heard this.

• Members

ATWT's been stagnant for a while now, the show could use a total staff makeover, a cosmetic makeover wouldn't hurt either. P&G and CBS were so eager to change everything in 1999, when Goutman first came it, yet now they don't even attempt to make a difference.

• Members

I read this on another board, what Ellen said was that JP does not have any control over what she is writing she is being told to do whatever by Chris G. So pretty much the crap we are seeing is all Chris G. She is just writing what he wants her to write, which is pretty much for HIS favorites not hers.

• Members

Please,please don't get my hopes up.

There have been some minor changes lately. Judy Tate,a breakdown writer had been dropped to scriptwriter,David A.Levinson, a scriptwriter had been elevated to breakdown writer,on again,off again writer Gary Sunshine has been made permanent.

I heard a rumor over a month ago that a certain talented writer who is now a scriptwriter on this show had been given a lot more responsibilities.

I am crossing my fingers it is true.

ATWT needs a change.

• Members

Nope, don't believe there's any change a-comin'. It's been pretty obvious, even under Hogan, that Goutman runs the show the way he wants. There are things I admire about his work...his directing can be brilliant. He's tried new things to market the show...they're hit or miss, but at least it's something.

However, his "vision" storyline wise SUCKS. His obsessions with Rose/Lily, Gwen/Cleo and Katie SUCK. Getting "big name" actors for six month runs SUCKS.

STICKING WITH PISSNANTE SUCKS.

Archived