ATWT: Jean Passante no longer writing for the show?

• Members

^^^I think he assumes the Cleo story has been rewritten. I kinda doubt it. Not with it being tied in to Carly's return.

The only story I think has been retooled is Craig's, with SB returning.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would love to see a change in both EP and HW at ATWT. The vision is just not there for what this show should be about. Maybe if Goutman created a new soap he could do well, but ATWT has more history than any other soap and to not take advantage of all the veteran actors to build on stories takes away what makes the show unique.

• Members

Is there a thread on this or another board where I can read about all the things "Ellen was running her mouth about?" I know some of it is probably just rumors/speculation, but I'm really curious!

In Early 2005 when Sheffer left, things were pretty shitty, and you could tell change was in the air. I think ATWT is pretty good right now, but I'm getting that same change feeling now that I had then....

• Members

http://www.weloveatwt.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/...viewmode=all#18

In the above link someone talked about how she talked about Scott Holmes's contract(The posts are by TomMargoFan. Then over at Rough Edged in one of the Daily posts someone posted about how she said she was never asked to be in the new opening but was there when they filmed it. She said unless they were using an old picture she wasn't included in it.

• Members

Interesting... very interesting. I added the JP rumor to the Jean Passanante Wikipedia article. Since she's acknowledged being a fan of Wikipedia, perhaps she'll see it there and the show will have to do a press release on it. I'm very curious to know what's going on. The pacing of the show lately has been different (better, IMO)... I wondered if perhaps JP had been given a ghost-co-head-writer or something.

• Members

Exactly and the good thing is the vets and history are still very much there, for most part. Someone can correct me on this, but I don't think the history of the show has been altered radically even by the very bad writers the show had been saddled with at times. This means that the show's condition won't be so bad for whoever would replace Goutman and Passanante, as opposed to the task Sheffer now finds himself with at Days.

• Members

I completley agree with you on this. I think there is a huge difference in the writing as of late because I am getting back into the show again there fore awhile(shockingly enough even with Will and Gwen being on) I was getting bored by it. Lately though I am lovin it. Ryan(Chandler) is even watching it again and that has got to say something because he was hating it! LOL

• Members
Well, that would be great news...maybe we could get rid of some of these recasts that don't seem to be working like Brad. And start focusing on the history of the show and veterans that made the show. Like Kim,Bob Lisa, Tom and Margo. Get rid of these ludacris storylines.

Archived