ATWT: Recurring character casting call!

• Members

My friend (a setside source) says she came across something that indicates they may be casting a older brother for Noah. She implied the role will be a recurring one.

Michael Mayer, is the troubled older brother of Noah Mayer. Noah looks up to his brother Michael, who is apparently very close with Noah. Michael will be responsible for some things that turn Luke's life upside down. Noah will feel caught in the middle, and this will cause some tension with Luke. This tension escalates when Noah overhears Luke tell Jade that hanging out with Kevin has revived his feelings, and he still wants his friend. Noah knows Kevin, and the two share a secret. Luke and Noah's older brother Michael are rivals at WOAK. Apparently this role will only be a short-term one, about 5-6 weeks (of filming) which could translate to a month or so on the television.

The guy that plays Kevin has also signed a short-term multi-month recurring role. Apparently the road to Noah/Luke as a possible couple isn't going to be an easy one. TPTB apparently are planning for Kevin, Noah's older brother, and some other things that they are planning out that my friend has no idea of, to be foils for this "possible future" couple.

Apparently Noah/Luke are totally comfortable with each other (the actors) and they have really good chemistry. My friend said it reminds her of a PG version of Queer as Folk, innocent flirting etc. While Kevin is still suppossedly straight, Luke is giving Kevin lots of "looks" while disliking but tolerating Noah, who is close with Maddie but strictly on a friends only basis.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She also said since this is a short term contract (5-6) weeks, they just took chunk of the actual future script and are using it for the audition purposes.

MY TAKE: Noah and Luke like each other, but hide it due to Luke's attraction to his "straight" friend Kevin, and his rivalry with Michael, Noah's older brother.

Also- Apparently this storyline is all about Luke... which is GOOD. Even though he's Noah's older brother, Michael will have more scenes with Luke then Noah, so this is a good thing because the focus of the storyline remains on Luke. :D

• Members
OMG this is amazing news! Thanks for the information! Now I'm torn. Noah is HOT but I like Kevin and Luke too. This should be fun to watch....God I can't wait to see shirtless Noah...lol. VH is just not up to standard in that area. And whats this secret between Noah and Kevin? Did they sleep together and Kevin just black it out of his memory!? That would definitely be an interesting twist.

• Members

:blink: It sounds okay, but I'm very skeptical nowadays of spoilers with only a "source" as a source. :P

And plsu, it doesn't help that in the beginning, it says that they're casting Noah's YOUNGER brother...but then it talks about his OLDER brother later on.

• Members

Thanks for the info, it sounds good if true. And Noah and Kevin have a secret? could JP really write this good of a story? I am really going to have to take this with a huge grain of salt though seeing as you are the same poster that posted that Luke and Jade were hiding Adam and helping him get better and that never happened.

Archived