AMC: Tuesday, April 10

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know if it first happened today, but I just noticed today that some of the pictures in the beginning of the opening are new - I definitely saw a Colby/Sean pic, but I'll have to pause and slo-mo to see the other new pics.

Anyway - I'm really happy that some of these Pine Valley guys are apologizing to Zoe. This has been needed for months now - ever since they manhandled and tortured the poor girl at Chandler Mansion. And who would have thought Ryan and Zoe would have scenes alone in a hospital? Great influence working over at AMC...

LOL at Zach and especially Hannah shutting down JR. That was hilarious - and I loved how Zach was like "What, you want a pen? Pad of paper?" :) I still like Hannah - she is mature and seasoned.

The Erica/Jack scenes at the yacht club look AMAZING. I don't know if AMC has done something different with their lighting or film look, but the clarity and color of these scenes are really really good. Anyone else notice this or is it just me???

Krystal is in labor - and Adam gives her a phone to call for help. Guess that is the scene DC had to re-write. Either way, Bobbie and David are doing an amazing job with these scenes. Whether you love Krystal or not, you can't deny how amazing Bobbie Eakes has been all year so far. She deserves some Emmy love next year.

I like that Di has taken Ava in and decided to help her. I love that this is giving Di and Aiden's relationship some tension. Builds their character and relationship stronger in the long run. I love how this is playing out so far, and how backburnered characters are given some meat.

• Members

But yesterday Kendall said that Simone's Fusion stock was missing. I think it was still meant to go to Mimo but Greenlee got her hands on it.

I can see it now: Josh and Hannah will hook up before long. I though I saw a little sparkle of something between them when Zach told them Josh was to report to Hannah.

I don't like Krystal, but Adam leaving her there in labor was just low, even for him. I'm glad Colby showed up.

• Members

Good episode today. Am I the only one sensing some mad chemistry between Ryan and Zoe? See, that would have been the better way to go with this story, instead of Bianca falling for Zoe. What if Ryan somehow found himself attracted to her? And then he just dumps Annie on the side? That would be big.

Adam and Erica at the yacht club...YUM. The new writers would be CRAZY not to experiment with them together. Susan and David are just so...so believable whenever they play off each other. It's like...when they're acting together, they feel like they're playing their character again, for real. I loved it when Erica told Adam that he's "back."

• Members

Ok - today's episode is another "Alden episode" - which to me, means amazing. All aspects of this show have improved, from big picture to small detail things.

The Adam/Erica scenes are classic and completely needed. I still can't get over how AMAZING the yacht club scenes look. It is perhaps the most visually stimulated my eyes have been in forever. The clarity, color, brightness - it is perfect. Anyone else notice this?

Speaking of small details - the sweat on Krystal's face during these scenes with Colby only proves that someone is looking out for the most minute things to make this show seem realistic. These Kystal/Colby scenes are just great - I love how Colby is scared and Krystal is trying to talk her into doing what she needs to do.

The most necessary scenes IMO are the Ryan/Zoe scenes. First, the writers of yesterday wouldn't have given us any scenes where Ryan would apologize to Zoe - or any of those PV guys who abused her back in January. Now to have two different characters coming together to talk about their situations - its pure character development scenes. They are emotional, thoughtful, and friendly. And I loved how Ryan and Zoe walked into Fusion, just laughing and getting along.

I like how Zach called Josh out on his ridiculous job-switching personality that the old writers were giving him. I think today was a sign of the new writers trying to tweak and change some of the current problems with the show as a whole. I love how Hannah will be his boss too. Most new characters as of late only really deal with characters on the show that their storyline is involved with - but already Hannah has interacted with Zach, Kendall, JR, Josh, and Lily. Nice touch.

The frustration and fighting in Di/Aiden's relationship is perfect - I like how Di is on Ava's side bc she understands where she is coming from. Di/Aiden need this ripple, bc they could get boring fast. Plus it gives them story.

Finally, balance is still there - we have yet to see Jamie/Tad/Amanda - and I think that is smart. We are making room for character development and slowing down the plot-driven mess that we usually get. This is important. Also, Babe was very backburnered today. This show is officially not all about 1 or 2 characters all the time. AMC has changed for the better lately.

• Members

I was able to enjoy both Kendall and Babe today, something that's been nearly impossible for the last several months. Neither one of them were leading today. They were both playing supporting.

DAMN YOU, MCTAVISH!!! I'm loving this stuff with Krystal, really really loving it, but I can only imagine how better it would be if Krystal hadn't been destroyed beyond belief.

ETA: Oh, and I really, really, really miss the old soap opera look, seriously. This film-look Disney Channel [!@#$%^&*] needs to go. Just watching the previews makes me long for classic soap look.

Archived