B&B: This Week

• Members

Does anybody else find it odd that Taylor is almost non-existent in the story of Rick and Phoebe? It's always, Phoebe is Ridge's daughter. She's never Taylor's daughter. And when Taylor talked to Brooke on Thursday, it's almost as if she didn't care about the situation one way or the other.

Anyway, I've been happy to see Felicia popping up this week. Even if she doesn't have a story of her own, I'm glad to see bits and pieces of her, unlike what we have with Thorne.

I'm still undecided on Kyle Lowder and Rick. He's really changed the character of Rick. Justin Torkildsen's Rick never seemed to have much of a backbone. But this Rick seems more in your face.

And I liked AJ's new hair, looks a little darker.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MrSmartyPants, is that you? LOL!

50322b.jpgI also say she looks fab-u-lous. BTW: Read MrSmartyPants recap for Thursday, it's a riot even more than usual...

Can't comments much about the show because I'm still catching up - 5 episodes behind that is but will be up-to-date by Monday.

To answer your question: It's true that Taylor is not so much involved in Phoebes life. However just before Sydney Taylor & Ridge had a fantastic parenting episode.

Kinda like this...

Taylor: We have to trust Phobe. She's an adult now...

Ridge: How much do we have to trust her?

Taylor: Uhm. Well. *nervous finger clicking* I'm gonna go check on her...

LOL!

It felt extremely natural and was very well done. It also showed how craptastic Ridge & Brooke are because those 20 minutes of Ridge & Taylor's playful ineraction was so much better than anything involving Ridge all the months prior...

As Rick/Kyle Lowder: The character was totally altered which is basically okay. So Rick matured in Europe. But Justin Torkildsen could also have palyed this new Rick very well. Lowder is much better than on DAYS and now with a decent hairdo he's okay. Still not sold on actor/character though.

He's only interesting because of his contra-Bridge and contra-Ridge attitude which has worn off the more this Phoebe/Rick pairing has been going on. I also think that Eileen Davidson deserves better.

Next week seems to be another filler week but THEN lots of stuff is promised to blow up. I wonder if everything will be so desirable. We'll see.

Right now the shows very much lives from its very good dialogue and the fact that B&B is probably one of the very very very few shows out there who still tells stories about characters and not plot points. :)

• Members

Bellcurve has finally seen the light about Brooke.

I used to think that Brooke, although she made mistakes, was still the underdog. I feel like this time, she found any silly reason to break up with Ridge and hop back onto Nick. Brooke is totally the kind of woman who wants what she can't have and then plays mind games to get what she wants. I see what everyone else does in her...she is truly a sick individual.

Brad Bell has ruined this character SO MUCH. I mean, I was able to forgive Brooke for SIL boink, for the umpteenth Who's The Daddy fiasco, and almost everything else, mainly because characters with sins like Taylor, weren't owning up to them. Everyone else's conscience is clear and Brooke is still playing misunderstood.

I'm over it, quite frankly. Brooke's arrogance and her pursuit of abusive, angry Nick has made her character hit an all-time low IMO. And I actually stood by Brooke during SIL Boink.

Brooke = WHORE.

TEAM TAYPHANIE!

• Members

I really wasn't sure about ED bringing Ashley to B&B. I never cared for Ash on Y&R, but I'm liking her a lot now. And after seeing her on Y&R, it almost seems like she's too good for a lot of the people on this show, lol.

• Members

I would like to think that this was a good idea, but I'm not sure if it was. I hope Brad is just slowly introducing her so they can do something big with her character.

Personally, I saw chemistry between she and Ronn Moss the other day. I wouldn't be opposed to an Ashley/Ridge pairing.

Oh, and unpopular opinion time...I thought Moss was pretty good in the scenes where he finds out Brooke went to hop on Nick. I felt like that was another honest moment from his portrayal of Ridge(the last one being when Brooke turned against him in the boardroom and he had the long monologue about being a Marone). Moss plays hurt pretty well for an aging Hollywood Hunk.

• Members

Hush hush, just watch next week...

What I found hilarious recently: Ridge has been already married to Brooke, Taylor AND Ashley - well sort of. LOL!

I also share your sketicism if Ashley will eventually get a real story or if its just huff and fluff. That said, Ashley is so much more complex, so much more interesting, so much more Ashley on B&B than she's been on Y&R in 2 years or so.

• Members
I have a question maybe some one can answer. I started watching in Jan of this year. It took a while and some research to figure out who has been with who, and who children belong to who. My question is; Who really is Pheobe and Stephanie's father? A cyber friend that has watched for many years said that Pierce Peterson was the twins father. I can find anything to confirm this. Everything I read states Ridge is the father of these two. Does anyone have anymore info on this? Thanks

• Members

I was (pleasantly) surprised by the Ridge/Ashley chemistry. Something looked right there. (I'd love to see ED and SF eventually go toe-to-toe.) I'm still glad that Rick was Ashley mystery lover. That should cause some drama. Brooke ain't gonna like that.

• Members

I was (pleasantly) surprised by the Ridge/Ashley chemistry. Something looked right there. (I'd love to see ED and SF eventually go toe-to-toe.) I'm still glad that Rick was Ashley mystery lover. That should cause some drama. Brooke ain't gonna like that.

Archived