ATWT: Luke/Noah/Maddie Spoiler

• Members

yes the ratings were up last year during Luke's coming out storyline, and they have been dropping ever since seeing as Luke has been backburnerd for 8 months and only been on screen 15 times in 8 months, while Gwen is on 15 days a month every month. I don't think Luke alone will get the ratings back up, but it will help. We all have to also understand that the show was also better during his coming out storyline, we also got a boost during the slasher storyline, but again alot of that was Luke coming out to Kevin, also we got a boost during the Halloween Ball, and the Ice Storm other than that the ratings have been tanking. So far this year there has not been a must see event, other than Scott Byrce returning and the opening credits that are coming on Monday. We need something to get the ratings up, and I think they now that Luke can get more viewers, or they never would have released all of this stuff 2 months early, they never have casting news this early, so they have a reason for doing it. The upcoming storyline with Craig/Lucinda/Paul/Meg will also help ratings because we will finally be focusing on some vets and real good storyline telling. Balance is the key to everything.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate to sound like a wet blanket...but I'll believe the Luke storyline when I see it. So far, Luke's story has consisted mostly of JP's promises Luke will "live a full emotional life" or some such BS. I'm not "into" Luke, but ANYTHING is better than being inundated with Gwen, Cleo and Katie. And even if Luke gets story, we know Gwen/Cleo and Katie are still going to be front and center. (The only thing I'm not looking forward to with Carly's return is knowing Katie will have the upper moral hand. At least as the writers write it.)

• Members

Not happy that they gave Jake a contract. This is one story that I don't want to see at all. I will not support it at all nor should it be a focal point of the show unless they want to lose viewers. I'm for keeping Luke to his one or two appearances a month. I'd rather watch the other teens anyday but I can't stand Van's protrayal of Luke. They need to either bring back the previous actor as he was good or recast the role immediately.

• Members
Don't get me wrong Van Hansis is doing an okay if not great job with Luke but I also missed the other guy who was playing Luke. He did a good job of playing angry, frustrated teen. Is it true that hes related to Kim Zimmer and that she pulled him out of the show because of the upcoming storyline that she knew would make Luke gay? I mean I can understand why she would do that even if I don't like the decision itself. Gay roles are still controversial in America but they are gaining momentum. Brothers & Sisters which I LOVE has a gay character on it and has had several gay relationships play out this season without much uproar.

• Members

That was circulating around the soap industry for a while, but Zimmer denied it all, saying that ATWT's schedule and Jake's just didn't match up. And she wanted him to finish school.

I read something about him a few months ago. Zimmer said that he's now looking for work, but he's at a weird height, so nobody really wants to hire him.

Jake is Kim Zimmer's son.

Archived