Alanis Morissette Remakes "My Humps" song

Ryan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I still don't get it, Rion. Because I don't like Fergie's music but I'll still recognize that she has talent. So Alanis? Sorry, but I don't see your point yet! If it were just to make fun of a stupid song (come on, a song about her "humps" and "lady lumps"?) then I'd give Al kudos. If it's to make fun of Fergie's lack of talent (which I disagree with), sorry, Al, no dice!

Make fun of someone who truly deserves it, like SAN-freakin'-JAYA!!!

• Members

Ditto!

Absolutely Rion!

Hearing someone with real talent sing this song and listening to the lyrics just makes this type of studio-engineered-bubblegum-pop crap even more ridiculous than it already is. Kudos to Alanis!

Pink's Stupid Girls and Alanis Morisette's cover are the two best song/videos in the last 5 years

• Members

I think she is trying to make a point that this type of music is ridiculuos. BEP are supposed to be Hip/Hop but their nothing more than studio-engineered-bubblegum-pop like The Pussycat Dolls, Danity Kane, and all those other wannabee Hip/Pop stars. Nas's new CD "Hip Hop is Dead" has said it all. The Hip/Hop of the 80's and 90's is dead, as they have all sold out for a piece of the pie. Yes, it's a mighty big pie, because todays teens/early 20somethings are spoonfed this crap and they are eating it up.

True singer/songwriters like Alanis, Jewel, Pink, Bonnie Raitt, Sheryl Crow, Tori Amos and even Aretha have all been pushed aside for this crap. It sucks that today's music has lost all artistic merit.

*sigh* Now I sound old :lol:

• Members

Put this one in the books cause this is a point where I actually agree with you. Fergie can sing, she has a wonderful voice. I have her album and on her slower, more serious songs, she gets the chance to really showcase her talent. I like her music because it is fun. Its okay to have fun with your music and people seem to enjoy it. This rings true to the saying "Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery because you have something in you that they lack." Its okay to have fun and cut loose once and while instead of walking around naked thanking India.

Archived