DAYS- Monday

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've only watched a few scenes..but i like this new abby...she had to fill in at the last minute, and i think she did a great job...I wish Ashley Benson would stay, but that isn't happening...I want this Max and Abby story to go on, so Darrin doesn't have to leave the show...So i'm all for this chick as the new Abby..

• Members

You're right. Emily was a great stand in. I'm sure it was last minute and they really needed someone. However, if they are going to continue on with MABBY (which I hope they don't, not without Ashley), and they do recast Abby, find someone new. I'm sure they could find someone a little better than Emily, and someone who doesn't look like she could be the recast of Carrie Brady.

• Members

It was kind of random that Maggie and Nick just popped into the episode towards the middle..But i was so happy to see maggie..and i'm guessing Nick was the one that Abby was talking to on the phone...

Its great to see Jack..yes its only 2 episodes, but its a treat for his fans..and i'm hoping they'll use him again with Steve and Adrienne in May or during the summer...

• Members

Episode was good. Epesically seeing Matt back. Jack was fantastic today and I am very happy he wasn't what he was a little before he left last year.

The temporary Abby recast was okay but not to pass as Melissa Reeves's daughter like others have said. I don't want to see her permanant though. And really not in a romance with Max. She looks too old. No offense to her, but I also don't think I would really want to see her as a character in a main story. I know we haven't seen too much of her, but she just seems like she could play a supporting role better than a main one. JMO.

Sami and EJ was half interesting/half I don't really care. Just because you can tell alot of that EJ was lying and this was fake.

Loved seeing Nick and Maggie. I have loved how she has been a supporting role with Abby and Nick. It's great.

The only good part about the island scenes today was that Kate was there and actually did something like find Claire's toy and also try to get Philip to stop. Shelle didn't do anything interesting for me. Philip needs to take some time while he does not have Claire to get all this anger stuff straight. I'm hoping Hogan will write something like that for him down the road. I know he is doing this because of love, but he is just violent all the time or angry. This may sound weird all in one day, but one minute I liked Gabby the next I didn't. She's an okay character and I like her, but is nothing special.

• Members

The Abby recast is being bashed on the other DAYS boards - a lot of Ashley Benson fans not happy she wasn't there to do the scenes with Matt Ashford.

I didn't mind Emily Montague - thank Christ they didn't cast Charity Rahmer in the role! :lol:

Let's hope Matt Ashford is getting more than 2 episodes: we all want to see a Jack/Steve reunion! And, the signs are there that Sheffer could write a SL for Ashford that'd be a lot better than JER's "Jack Is Dying" [!@#$%^&*]!

And, how great to see Jack in a suit again! B)

• Members

I do wish Jack's story for these two episodes was better than just talking to Abby about Max. Hopefully, there's some Steve scenes coming up soon because that's where Jack is needed right now. Maybe some good stuff will come along next month.

• Members

God, watching Jack is such a treat.

I mean, the man sort of GREW UP IN DAYTIME, BEFORE OUR EYES!!

How cool is that?!

From a troubled young man on "Search for Tomorrow" to Jack Deveraux, father of Abigal and husband to Jennifer!

HOW AMAZING is that?!!

I mean, seriously. Do you ever stop and think?!! It's such a gift.

It's such a beautiful, precious gift! Thanks MATT. For ALL YOU'VE DONE.

• Members

Oh, heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no! Maggie just made an ignorant, absolute statement. What was that CRAP about how 'no friend who truly loves you would ask you to compromise your principles?"

That's why they made the phrase, "exception to the rule," MAGS.

Chelsea DOES love Nick. And truly. But she's in a desperate situation and I will NOT fault her for asking Nick to compromise his principles.

So what do you think of that, matriarch wannabe? Huh? Dispensing bad advice?! Trying to KILL my Chick pairing?!!!

Oh, you BETTER think again.

• Members

Matt! Jack! Yay! I too was pleased with the characterization relative to the writing for the last 6 years. I'd like something more than being a Mabby obstacle but maybe it's yet to come, and I ain't gonna lie, it's not going go ruin this appearance for me. If anything comes of Jack/Kayla I do think they should be careful to respect the fact that the characters would probably only be in each other's business if absolutely forced to. To say there should be tension is an understatement. I don't think it'll happen, though, for the record (would love to be wrong).

I did not mind tempAbby as temp. I would not care for her as nuAbby. I would love a recast if I could guarantee that they wouldn't age her any more, but I know they're probably hard for some Mabby sex so I am sure she'd be older if she was recast. The plus side could be seeing Matt again.

Oh and also -- Jack's suit totally OWNED EJ's suit!! Step aside, fashion pretendah!

Loved seeing Maggie today, Nick/Maggie is turning out pretty cool. Go Hortons!

EJ/Sami were rehash for me today. I did LOVE Sami's standing up to him though, but ... why not follow it by actually kicking him out of your apartment once, dear? You know, something that any normal person would do after someone keeps butting into one's personal life? Is that too logical for this show?

The S/K previews for tomorrow were chilling! Hrmmmmm.

Archived