DAYS- Monday

• Members

No, no, no, no! Emily Montague is a decent actress, but she is no Abby Deveraux. Maybe in a couple of years, but not the way they are writing her now. Montague looks older than Darin Brooks. And damn it, why do they keep saying that Max is 6 years older than Abby? That's not true! He's 4 at tops. Darin was born in 84, making him around 23. Ashley Benson was born in 89, making her 18 this year. However, Abby is 2 years older than Ashley so that makes her about 19 or 20. There's no way in hell Max Brady is 26 years old. God, stop with the age references! :angry:

It's great to see Matt Ashford. And Jack is definitely different under Hogan. He's not the fool and the big joke he's been for the past 5 years. Based on today's show and the way Ashford played Jack, I could see Jack totally going dark. I would love to see what Hogan could do if he made him darker and with an edge again.

Oh, Sami and EJ are declicious. This baby is definitely EJ's. Why have Sami go through with faking the amnio. This may be the biggest downfall Sami's ever faced once the truth comes out and Lucas finds out that not only is he not the father, but the father is EJ and Sami could've known all along, but she chose to lie. Classic Sami.

LMAO at Kate on the island, brushing off the chicken feathers.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Max is 26. It was casting error when they cast Darin as a de-aged Max. He was a young kid in 86. Someone who was watching can verify about how old he was :lol: and apparently, the show has gone with that as opposed to the current actor's age as a reference.

And GBB, I totally believed EJ. I do believe he was playing Sami, too. But I definitely think he believed that, without ever intending to.

• Members

I believe it. EJ could have been a bastard from the very beginning when he first arrived in Salem. Instead, he ran into Sami, and wasn't expecting the connection he instantly shared with her. She brought out the best in him. And it wasn't until things starting turning upside down with EJ, with the glove hand ordeal, that he had to put his rendevous with Sami on the side and get down to business. Like he said, she has no idea what it's like to be a DiMera and the responsibilities that come along with it.

• Members

Oh, I'm totally aware that Max Brady, the character is 26. But if you want to get techincal, Max is also older than Sami, who is also older than EJ, who is younger tahn Shawn and Belle, who are older than Philip, who is the same age as Will. Please don't get me started on the Salem timeline.

When they brought Max on in 2005, it was obvious that he was de-aged to about 21 since he was legal to drink back in 2005. Lets please keep with the ages and stop messing with them. Max, in now way whatsover, is 26.

• Members

I thought it was interesting that Kayla was pushing Max to go for Abby while Jack is against the pairing. It would be cool seeing Jack & Kayla tension over the issue. Although I do love Ashley, I hope they recast so that this story does not just get dropped.

• Members

MBE and MA always played Kayla and Jack with this wonderful underlying tension in the years after Jack tried to turn his life around. Even once he and Steve became close again, you could still never see Jack and Kayla in a scene together without the memory of the rape between them, even if sometimes it was very subtle. In an interview one of them did they said they'd decided a long time ago to play it that way, no matter how the scene was written or directed. It was wonderful. It would be very interesting to watch them play out a new conflict over the layer of the existing (old) tension.

• Members

I was bitterly disappointed in Jack's return. Matt was not as comfortable as Jack at all and his generous charm was not up to par. Emily was awful as a replacement for Abby. She looked too old, was too silly and just no depth at all. Definitely play acting....which of course how could she do any different not playing with the directors, actors or story, sigh. What a waste. They should have just had Jack meet Kayla in New York instead and have a nice chat about Jen, Abby and Steve. I am thankful that Abby will not be recast in the forseeable future. She needs to attend college and get over this crushing on Max. I just wonder what the powers that be have in mind about Max. Something is up.

Kayla is at the top of my s*** list for supporting Max and Abby. She will be the only one and soon to see the light, I hope.

Hogan has ruined Philip. He is too much a man out of control and Philip was not a man to not stay on top of a situation. He is a leader, not a loon. Also, after seeing Heather Mills dance on her prothesis, Hogan making Philip a Frankenstein with his is a horrible statement for men injured in the war and now using a prosthesis. Philip has a state of the art one that can do anything. I really think Hogan has a child-like view of life.

Hopefully tomorrows show will be better.

• Members

Just have to say, I LOVE JACK. It was so good to have him back today!

EJ and Sami scenes were very interesting. I believed him when he told Sami she could have made him into the man she thought he was. And I believed him when he said he didn't rape Sami--I believe he raped her, but I don't think HE does becasue of his obsession. His loss of composure after the call with Kayla was interesting, too. Maybe we're going to finally see some movement here and start peeling back some of the layers that make up Elvis Dimera. I think there's an amazing story there, what with all the Kristen/Susan/Stefano drama (how did Stefano get control of Elvis--I'm dying to know!), and I continue to hope we're going to visit that back story. EJ in the lab was a surprise. They really need to have better security at those labs!

Celeste is starting to annoy me. If she wants EJ dead so bad, she needs to do it herself and leave Sami alone. And isn't she supposed to be taking care of Theo? How does she have so much time to stalk Sami?

Philip needs some anger management. First, he dangles Willow over the ship rail and now he's attacking Gabby. He's heading for some serious trouble with his anger issues. I was surprised Kate just calmly stood there and let Philip manhandle a young girl; she finally told him to stop, but she should have intervened earlier. I'm wondering where they are going with this because Philip's actions are definitely not normal or acceptable. He's becoming dangerous.

Almost forgot--temp Abby. She was pretty good, although a lot older than Ashley's Abby. Very pretty and a decent actress, but I'm not sure I'd want her for a permanent recast. I would rather they just write off Abby for awhile.

Archived