Official NHL Playoff thread!!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

^^

The Leafs have not made the playoffs yet. They eliminated Montreal last night and as of now have the #8 spot. HOWEVER, New York Islanders are RIGHT NOW playing New Jersey Devils and if the Islanders win that game, THEY will get the 8th spot, knocking Toronto to #9.

If Devils win, Islanders are eliminated and Leafs are IN.

BTW - WOO HOO to Canucks being the only Canadian team to clinch their Division!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't stand Detroit! The Preds had their franchise best year(51 wins 110 pts), which tied for the 2nd most wins in the NHL this season and all they get in return is a #4 seed. I would much rather be playing Calgary instead of San Jose! At least my team has home ice, go Preds!

• Members

The Preds really went on a skid the last two-three weeks which led to them losing the Central Division. There wasn't too many people whop were predicting the Red Wings to YET AGAIN win the West about 3-4 weeks ago!

Throw Red Wings into the Northwest Division and they are NO WHERE NEAR the points they have!

I predict Calgary over Detroit in 6 or 7 games!

• Members

My Predictions for the 1st Round:

Calgary over Detroit in 7. Another disapointing playoffs for the Wings.

Minnesota over Anaheim in 7. Anaheim's probably shittin themselves for facing Minny in the first round.

Vancouver over Dallas in 6. Goaltending matchup. I'm expecting quite a bit of low scoring games. In the end Luongo > Turco.

San Jose over Nashville in 6. San Jose is just too strong in the past few weeks. Nashville seems to have stumbled lately.

Buffalo over NY Islanders in 5. I see no chance for the Islanders.

Tampa Bay over New Jersey in 7. I'm going with the upset here. I like Tampa's chances.

Atlanta over NY Rangers in 6. The only series I probably wouldn't watch. I don't care for either teams.

Ottawa over Pittsburgh in 7. Wow this series is going to be amazing. It could really go either way.

• Administrator

HAHA Leafs fan! That NYI/NJ game must've been one big rollercoaster. NJ ties the game up at the end of regulation only to lose in the shootout. Go Islanders!!

Leafs suck. :D

Playoffs start Wednesday.....I can't wait! SENS vs PENS - bring it on!

1st Round Predictions:

OTT vs PIT - Ottawa in 5 (rooting for OTT)

NYI vs BUF - BUF in 5 (rooting for NYI)

TB vs NJ - NJ in 7 (rooting for TB)

NYR vs ATL - NYR in 7

MIN vs ANA - ANA in 7

CGY vs DET - DET in 6 (rooting for CGY)

DAL vs VAN - VAN in 7 (rooting for VAN)

SJ vs NSH - SJ in 7

• Members

My playoff predictions:

OTT VS. PIT - Ottawa in 7, but it will be tough. Edge goes to Ottawa because they have a better goalie

NYI VS. BUF - Buffalo in 5 or 4. I just do not see Islanders lasting at all in this series, not with their backup in net.

TMB VS. NJD - New Jersey in 6. Lightning have fiecre offense, but is it enough, especially against Brodeur

NYR VS. ATL - Atlanta in 7. This is going to be a tough series...could go either way really.

MIN VS. ANA - Minnesota in 7. Will be a tough series, but Minny's speed will end up being Anaheim's undoing

CGY VS. DET - Calgary in 7. Calgary is unstoppable when they play well, but which team will show up? That is the factor here!

DAL VS. VAN - Vancouver in 7. Battle of the Goalies. Very low scoring series, this comes down to Turco VS. Luongo.

SJ VS. NSH - San Jose in 6. Nashville will put up a great fight, but I just do not see San Jose exiting early this year!

My biggest fear is Luongo chokes in the playoffs and Vancouver is swept in 4 games...or god forbid the Sedins or Luongo get injured. If Luongo goes down, Vancouver is finished!

• Members

As a Leafs fan of course I am disappointed but lets be honest, they were not a playoff calibre team anyway. Buffalo would have creamed them and besides, leafs blew big games down the stretch, it shouldn't have even come to the final weekend. I have been out of the loop alot this year as far as hockey is concerned but I will be cheering for the Canucks in the west and the Sens in the east. Luongo man, finally gets to prove himself in the playoffs. If he plays like Roberto Luongo, he could just carry them right to the finals.

• Members

I am pissed at the penalty minutes the Preds aquired in Game 1. They got 31 PIM while San Jose only had 12! Yeah I know the Preds deserved most of them, but the major given to Scott Hartnell was bullshit and so were a few others. That 5 on 3 killed us, at least we played well, instead of not playing well at all and getting our ass whooped. Nashville must win game 2! Go Preds! I will say it was an awesome, action packed game.

Archived