Official NHL Playoff thread!!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

Well since there really isn't much interesting happening on the soaps so far this year, I thought what a better way to liven up the mood than to discuss the best months of the year THE NHL PLAYOFFS!!

The Western Conference is pretty much decided (with 7 of 8 playoff spots now clinched) but there is an extremely tight and exciting race occurring the east for the final 4 playoff spots.

I am very happy that my team, Vancouver Canucks and my 2nd favorite Canadian team, Ottawa Senators, have clinched playoff berths.

Anyone else got anything to add.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's my favorite time of the season!!

I cannot wait until the playoff starts.

Ottawa will be facing NJ with Martin Brodeur and PIT with Crosby/Melkin/Staal. I honestly don't know who I want to face. LOL

Mitch, I really think VAN can go far with Luongo. VAN vs OTT in the finals would be awesome.

• Members

You know what...I honestly agree. This has been the Canucks best season since their inception in the NHL so far and this team, headed by Robert Luongo could go deep in the playoffs.

Luongo is SO dedicated and STRIVES on adversity and extreme high pressure situations (the opposite is his achilles heel imo...so I think the playoffs and the big pressure cooker that it is, will be the perfect atmospher for Luong to strive in).

Luongo could careless about his amazing stats, that he may takeover the record for most wins by a goalie...all season long it has been the same thing for him, he wanted to bring the Canucks #1 in the division and show all his naysayers that he means business in the playoffs.

As for Ottawa....every year I always say "well maybe they will do it this year" and every year I am dissapointed. I don't know what it is with the Sens and the playoffs (like the Canucks) they just seem to choke. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year. If I personally had to choose between Pittsburgh or New Jersey, I would pick the Penguins in a heartbeat. Sure they have potent firepower, but defense and goaltending win's championships and NJ has Brodeur who is SCARY good and would no doubt be a bad mix for the Sens. A Pit/Ott series would be THE SH*T to watch aswell!!

As for VAN VS. OTT in the SC Finals, well I would be all for that....the cup would return to Canada (where it belongs)!

• Members

Well....I loathe Edmonton and Calgary, and for the amount of verbale abuse i recieved from Edmonton fans last year over the Canucks missing the playoffs....it is sweet justice that Edmonton is now mathematically eliminated and the Canucks are heading back in.

Sorry if that is your team, but I am a Canuck fan...we do not EVER EVER **EVER** cheer for the Coilers or Shames...its like against the law in BC! ;)

• Members

I cant wait for the playoffs to start!

The Nashville Preds have the most points in the NHL, currently tied with Buffalo and Detroit with 105 points. I am pissed though because Detroit has beat my team the Preds 7 times this year, going 6-1-1, which doesnt bode well if we meet up with them in the playoffs. Plus Steve Sullivan, Martin Erat, and Scott Hartnell have all been out for a little over a month. Without Sullivan Nashville has struggled to score. I still can't believe we got Peter Forsberg, but he hasnt done [!@#$%^&*] yet. Somehow some way the Preds need to get that #1 seed because I know we would beat Calgary as we beat them all 4 or 5 times we played them this year. In fact suprisingly Nashville has beat down all the Canadian teams this year except for a loss to Vancouver a week or so back and one I am blanking on earlier in the year.

I just want Nashville to finally win a playoff series! Go Preds!

Mitch the Canucks are on fire, I dont know if I want to play you all in the playoffs! It would be fun for bragging rights though.

Also Ottawa is playing better and can outscore anyone, except for the Sabres.

I havent been this excited for hockey EVER, this southerner just got converted 3 or 4 years ago, so I am still new to the NHL.

• Members

You'd be surprised how many fans in Vancouver & BC love the Oilers. The sports talk shows have lots of Oilers fans calling from Vancouver & BC.

I grew up in Kamloops and watched the Canucks so they always will be my #1 team. The Oilers became my #2 team after the run last year. So I enjoy both teams. I just can't stand Calgary & Toronto.

I got to go to the Oilers game last month again Minnesota. Had great seats which was awesome. Even though they sucked :P

• Members

LEAFS MADE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!

I'm not even that big of a Leafs fan, let alone hockey, but I work in a restaurant and our bar was packed with Leaf fans so you kind of just get in to the whole spirit of it, plus the game was so close.

GO LEAFS!!

Archived