Official NHL Playoff thread!!

Mitchapalooza

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Preds kicked ass tonight, finally stopping a 5 game skid against the Sharks in the playoffs! This is fast becoming a huge rivalry, I am not sure if ESPN was right with the penalty minutes because they have us with 74 PIM and San Jose with 53 which seems like way too many in a regualtion game. ESPN's recap did report the teams combined for 25 penalties though, so who knows. Either way both games have been exciting and very physical, hopefully the Preds will take at least one win the next 2 games in the Shark tank. Go Preds!

• Members

Well last night was an awesome night to be a Canadian hockey fan with Ottawa, Vancouver & Calgary all winning their games.

Vancouver & Ottawa's wins, give them both 3-1 series leads...both teams only need 1 win in 3 games to advance to the 2nd round, lets hope they both can do it.

As for the Lames, well Calgary needed to win that one or be in danger of being swept in the 1st round.

• Members

I am praying Nashville can at least win at home tonight and have a slim chance at winning Game 6 at San Jose. History is so badly against the Preds its ridiculous but until San Jose has 4 wins in this series I have hope, just not much of it. Nashville is 0-7 all-time in the playoffs on the road, have only beaten San Jose once in the last 11 tries at San Jose(including playoffs), and teams that have been down 3-1 in the series have only come back to win the series 9.3% of the time(saw this on ESPN). Obviously, the Preds are in deep trouble! :(

• Members

Congrats to the Sens for making it to Round 2.

Once again it looks like my Canucks are in trouble. We were up 3-1 in the series and now Dallas has tied it up and we are going to Game 7.

Man oh man...can everyone PLEASE say a prayer that the Canucks do not choke AGAIN in a Game 7 after getting a 3-1 series lead.

My heart just cannot take the dissapointment again!!

Sniff sniff!!

• Members

At least your team made it to Game 7, I am tired of the way the Preds plays. I think its time for a new coach, Trotz has been here since the franchise began in 98 or 99. I would like a coach with a more aggressive style, with the speed Nashville has me should always be on the attack mode. So now its 3 seasons in a row without winning a playoff series.

Archived