Official NHL Playoff thread!!

Mitchapalooza

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Sens vs Sabres - this is going to be an awesome series. Sens are playing so good right now and I hope they can finally get over the Sabres hurdle. I think Ottawa is like 0-3 vs the Sabres in the playoffs.

Sorry about Vancouver, Mitch. Game 5 was a heart breaker. I thought the hit should've been a penalty - it was a hit to the head!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am beyond pissed, but in reality I don't blame the owner or whoever one bit. I have read some stats on many different websites that the Preds have one of the better attendances when it comes to everyday people like me(AKA Jack and Jill), but the corporate type people don't fill up the bottom bowl of the arena like they should and put very little money towards the Preds. From what I have read Nashville is dead last with corporate support. Even though Nashville has been really good the last 2 years it just seems the city itself doesn't really care. Yeah there are loads of fans here, but without the big money people Nashville is too small of a market to make money. However, I have been listening to sports talk radio all day because of this news and from what I heard it just depends if the new owner whats to put money into the team here or try and move the team elsewhere. I forget his name but some guy who worked with Buffulo for years and apparently knows a lot about hockey as the radio station here said he was a huge guest stated that the people who bought the team are looking at possibly moving the team to south Ontario. He said even though other teams are close to that(his words not mine) area that a place like that would support hockey because they love hockey moreso than they do in the southern part of the US and that the owner lives there. I wish I knew what this guy's name was? I am not happy about this at ALL! When the Preds signed Peter Forsberg I think every game after that was a sellout or very close to one every game. Not only that but we as in Nashvilel might lose our triple AAA baseball team which has been here forever. There were plans for one of the nicest stadiums to be built right along the river close to where the Titans play but somehow plans fell through. Its ridiculous when Nashville is one of the hottest markets in the entire country right now, at least that's what the mayor said on the sports talk radio show today. Our mayor was royally pissed and was told through email about the Nashville Predators being sold, what a freaking joke!

• Members

Kirk, his name is Jim Balsillie. He's a Canadian Billionaire. He tried to buy the Pittsburgh Penguins earlier in the hopes of moving them to Hamilton.

This was all over the sports radio here as well. They talked how the Preds have a Hockey Fan Base but they have like no corprate support at all.

• Members

That's why I am so pissed the regualr everyday people here love the team and it just infuriates me that the big money corporate people just don't give a damn. The team is great for the city, without the Preds Nashville only has one other team that regularly plays at the Sommet Center(used to be the GEC/Nashvilel Arena) and that's a pathetic arena football team with half the attendence of the Predators. If the Sounds and Preds leave TPTB in Nashville are idiots!

Archived