Any FOOD NETWORK fans?

KLN

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dave Lieberman is definitely the hottest Food Network guy - but there is something strange about his mouth that I can't quite put my finger on. He looks like the type who probably wasn't really hot in his younger 20's, but he grew into his hotness, if that makes sense. He definitely seems like a fun, nice guy though.

Bobby Flay comes across as cocky and arrogant. I can't stand his attitude. I always root for him to get 'smackdown'-ed.

I think you guys are too hard on Sandra Lee. The whole concept of the show is to use things from your house that you don't know what to do with, and make something that you can impress with during dinner parties. Cost-saving and creative ideas. Plus, she gives great dinner party tips. Sure, your wife won't go out of her way to be all crafty with every aspect of her 'tablescape', but she's gives good ideas and looks HOT doing it. And how can you not love her cocktail recipes every episode? She's amazing....

• Members

LOL - and I LOVE it. She's a HOT drunken semi-homemade stepford wife.

Btw, I was watching her show the other day and she had her little nephew on...and he was helping her cook. But when they got to the cocktail part, he had to make chocolate/strawberry milk while she made stuff with chocolate liqueur and Bailey's...and as she poured it into the blender she looked over to Bryce and said "Brycer, this is chocolate LIQUEUUUUUUUUR...it is SOOOOO good." It was just really funny to me.

• Members

Im surprised so many love Ina Garten. I cant stand her! She is such a hack...lol. I think most of her food looks unappealing and she's always making a mess in the kitchen. She drops flour and ingredients all over the place and is so sloppy. Plus I cant stand the way she tries to make jokes that just dont come off funny. Me and my sister used to watch her show everyday just to make fun of it bc sometimes its like a trainwreck.

I used to not like Paula Deen, mainly bc her accent annoyed the heck out of me but I grew to love her. I hate that she must fry everything up though and she uses way too much butter. I do like her studio show and love her bc she has such a great personality and genuinly seems like a nice person.

Anyone notice how Giada has orgasms when she tastes her own food? Its so funny at times

Dave Lieberman is cute but he smiles way too much. It makes him come off as fake

Love How to Boil Water. It made Tyler one of my favorite hosts and I love how he makes things so easy. I do hate his sidekick though Jack. She cant cook to save her life. She asks so many damn questions and Im sure its all scripted so he can explain but it just makes her look like an idiot and he can do the entire show without her around

I dont care for Sandra Lee, bc she doesnt really cook. Her ideas come across as either cheap or overly complicated to the point where you're saying "who the hell would do that"

I also used to not like Alton Brown, but now like him. I like how he breaks down food and makes things easy to understand

• Members

Sandra Lee is hilarious. She definitely has the most hilarious show on the network. Besides Sandra's Cocktail Time, the show is like the all-purpose guide to catering children's birthday parties. EVERYTHING she cooks seems so juvenile! WTF is a "Pillow Dog?" I swear, she cooked some once. Pillow Dogs. WHAT THE [!@#$%^&*]? And once she made a "Lemon Love Cake." And "Banana Purses." Love that silly ho!

And omg Cheap, I agree with you about Giada. Everytime she tastes something she's all "OMG this is SOOOOO good!" She comes off as the most believable one because of that though. She's not using big words to describe her [!@#$%^&*].

For me, the perfect Food Network lineup would consist of Ina, Sandra, Paula, Nigella, Giada, Sara Moulton, and Robin Miller. Put those seven !@#$%^&*]es in a room together and you would indeed be entertained. Oh, and have Dave Lieberman dancing on a pole somewhere in there too.

• Members

I forgot to mention my BIGGEST pet peeve from the women who have their own cooking shows:

I HATE when the girls wear their huge diamond wedding rings when cooking. The only one I can think of that doesn't wear their rocks is Sandra Lee. She's the smartest one by wearing just a cheap band around her finger to show the audience that she is married, but she doesn't feel the need to show OFF her ring. Seriously, take your damn diamonds OFF - I don't want to see them getting dirty when you cook just bc you want to show off.

Oh and also, I've noticed that when Paula Dean tries her food at the end of the show - she seems more surprised that its good than anything else? Its like she eats, then has this surprised expression on her face like she has never tried the food, but she was just told to cook it that day. Seriously, watch for it, especially on her old 30 minute show (not the party show).

• Members

I love Paula Deen..I have seen that surprised look...I think that is her trademark exprression whenever she makes something...she does that look even before she finishes preparing something.

She did that when she was preparing to make somethng with a lot of chocolate...she took a sample of the chocolate she was going to use and her face got all animated, LOL.

• Members

Does all the challengers always pick Bobby Flay anymore? I swear everytime, I watch, Iron Chef America, they pick Flay. Which begs the question, Do they pick him because he is beatable? I have never seen Batoli get beat yet.

• Members

ROFL! I was babysitting my 10 year old niece everyday a year ago and she'd watch the Food Network with me (btw, she decided she wanted to be a movie star with her own cooking show on Food Network when she grows up)... she even commented on how Sandra Lee was a drunk!

Archived