Any FOOD NETWORK fans?

KLN

• Members

This is, quite possibly, my favorite television network ever.

Sandra Lee cracks me up. Can you imagine her on Iron Chef? She'd never make it! I don't think she actually "cooks" anything.

Rachael Ray is a classic. Sometimes annoying, but a classic.

LOVE PAULA DEEN! Let's get Paula-fied!

"How to Boil Water" is fabulous. So is Ham on the Street, and I LOVE Good Eats... science and food, woohoo!

"Everyday Italian" is fabulous with Giada de Laurentiis. She's gorgeous! And her food looks delicious.

Is anyone else as addicted to this network as I am?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love the Food Network.

Sandra Lee is a MILF. God she's beautiful. I love how she gets all excited about her cocktails.

I hate to love Paula Dean. She's addicting to watch, even though I find her fake and annoying most of the time. Sometimes she looks like she's either fake or on drugs on her Paula's Party show. But sometimes I just find myself smiling while watching her.

Rachel Ray - I think she is the most overexposed TV personality. I love her $40 a day show - and would kill to have that job. I still watch her other shows out of habit, but she's annoying and I HATE how she wears a solid color top and tucks it into her jeans or pants. It's not flattering at all....

Giada de Laurentis is gorgeous. Her show is a little boring though. I hate that she can eat everything in the world and still be so small. Her husband is ugly though - she could have done better.

I never liked Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa) until I saw her chefography the other day - and now I'm more impressed with her accomplishments.

Good Eats - I just can't stand that show - it's too quirky and annoying and boring for me...but I do think the man is a genius and have respect for him. Just not my cup of tea.

Iron Chef is what got me hooked to this network a LONG time ago when the old Japanese version was airing. I love Iron Chef.

I like watching the Food Network Challenge shows too if I can catch them on the weekends.

• Members

Sandra Lee is the devil, lol. She rarely good anything and what she ends up with looks like throw up. I don't understand why she has a show if she hates cooking so much. When making mashed potatos, she used frozen tator tots and just mushed them together. I wanted to vomit!

My favorites are Nigella Feasts/Bites, Tyler's Ultimate and Boy Meets Grill. Nigella is my absolute favorite! She is so simple and sexy. She loves to cook and has fun with it which makes her show so great. It's not like she's making a show, she's letting us into her kitchen. Tyler has also never cooked a bad meal on his show. I eat their stuff a lot, not Bobby because I don't know how to grill.

Giada is okay, but her personality grates. It isn't natural at all which is extremely annoying. Rachel Ray is annoying, but you can tell that is really her. No one could act like Giada in real life.

• Members

I can't stand that Sandra Lee creature. She looks like she'd be a total b!tch when the camera is off. She reminds me of those annoying soccer moms that were abundant at all my schools growing up. "Tablescape"? Please. Her food is so disgusting.

My favorite is the Barefoot Contessa. She can also be annoying at times (she uses that same mellow voice ALL THE TIME), but I love the whole look and feel of her show - it's soothing after a long day.

• Members

I love Paula Deen. I have two of her cookbooks and its really easy to follow and its recipes that I serve all the time.

Rachel Ray...I like $40 a day but thats it. I have her cookbook too but I have yet to make anything in 30 minutes.

Duff from Ace of Cakes...I *heart* Him. :wub:

Sandra Lee... I was at a book store checking out her cookbook and one of the other customers said "That sandra Lee must be a drunk cause she is always fixing some kind drink on there." :lol:

Alton Brown appeals to my need to learn trivial things about trivial things. LOL!

• Members

Paula Dean is my favorite mainly because she is like my grandmother and I can relate to her the most because that's how people down south usually act. I love sour cream and mayo and she loves adding those in whenever possibe. I just want to hug the woman when I watch her show.

Sandra Lee is just a rich biatch I can't stand to watch! Who in real life color coodinates with every meal?

I can't help but to like Rachel Ray, I love a woman who likes food as much as I do.

I don't watch much else though

• Members

Paula Dean is my favorite mainly because she is like my grandmother and I can relate to her the most because that's how people down south usually act. I love sour cream and mayo and she loves adding those in whenever possibe. I just want to hug the woman when I watch her show.

Sandra Lee is just a rich biatch I can't stand to watch! Who in real life color coodinates with every meal?

I can't help but to like Rachel Ray, I love a woman who likes food as much as I do.

I don't watch much else though

• Members

I *LOVE* Ina Garten. She is my all-time favorite. Her recipes are super easy to follow and I think she's actually nice in real life. I tried to go to one of her book signings, but there were so many people there they had to cut the line.

I loved Giada too, and still like her show, but I read an article with her in Town & Country awhile back and she came off like a total b*tch.

Paula Deen is great too, though we just started getting her show in Canada. I don't mind Ellie Krieger either. My other favorites, besides Ina, are mostly the Canadian shows (Sugar, Ricardo & Friends and Chef At Home) & Dave Lieberman.

Can't stand Rachel Ray. Her recipes don't seem that interesting and kinda half-assed. I didn't mind her before she got her talk show, but now I can't even watch 30 Minute Meals.

• Members

I'm watching the Food Network right now. LOVES it.

My favorites are Ina, Paula, Sandra, Giada, and Nigella. I love watching those shows SO FREAKING much because they all have such different personalities, and styles, and I'd just love to see them all put in a room together, just smirking at each other. That'd be way too much fun.

"Barefoot Contessa" hooked me to the channel. Caught the holiday special back in 2005 and started watching regularly, then I started branching out to the other shows. Ina is just so...she's so boring, but yet so fun. She has mannerisms that KILL me. I love how she always says "good" before various things. "Get some GOOD dijon mustard." "Get some GOOD mozzarella." "Get some GOOD marshmallows."

I usually watch the five divas on Saturday mornings, and usually on weekday afternoons too. Can't stand Rachael, but I watch "30 Minute Meals" after Sandra out of habit. Don't really watch the nighttime shows, except for "Unwrapped" and I love watching "Food Network Challenge" on weekend afternoons.

And GOD. JESUS CHRIST. There is nothing hotter than waking up early on a Saturday morning and seeing Mr. Dave Lieberman on your television, cooking for you. *SIGH* That man is SEXY.

• Members

Tyler Florence is the one I want! If I could get a sandwich between him and Nigella I'd be in heaven. There is something so sexy about how effortless they are in the kitchen. I just watch and droll.

Speaking of watching, I was watching Sandra Lee and guess what? She made a Peach/Mango Cobbler with an entire jalapeno in it! Keep in mind this is a super sweet deserve. This woman is INSANE! How did she get her show?

Archived