AW: Some Info about its fate on Soapnet.

• Members

Apparently, it's true. According to AW posters the Soapnet board, AW will last air on Soapnet on April 6th but Soapnet still owns rights to the show and a decision about AW's fate with SN will be decided within the next week. They have talked to various people in SN's programing deparment who have confirmed this. The people from SN also said that they are receiving lots of calls regarding this. So call this number: 818-569-7500

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They could easily do away with the endless repeats of 90210. I don't understand why a conglomerate would pay $$$ for the catalogue, exclusive rights and licensing to a syndicate but shelf it for two newbies shows like OC and one Tree Hill?

I'm still mad that they never puchased Loving.

SoapNet is nothing but a tool of ABC.

• Members

Not sure about this, but I don't think ABC ever owned loving. I believe it still belonged to Agnes' company while it aired. Maybe when they did buy it they morphed it into The City, but I'm not even sure of that. Both air regularly in other languages.

• Members

I will call, email, whatever. This sucks.

It's not only about AW although that is the worst but Melrose, Ryan's Hope, and PC all got screwed too so I am going to voice my displeasure about the schedule as a whole.

Frons probably was worried about shows like AW making his shows look bad. Whatever the case, I plan on helping with the petitioning.

• Members

SoapNet Contact Info

Brian Frons

President of Daytime for Disney-ABC Television Group

SOAPnet, L.L.C.

3800 West Alameda Avenue

Burbank, CA 91505

818-569-3333 (Viewer Comment Line)

ABC Executives

Brian Frons

President, ABC Daytime

500 S. Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

Anne Sweeney, Co-Chair

Disney Media Networks Division

500 S. Buena Vista St.

Burbank, CA 91521

Brian Frons

President, ABC Daytime

2300 Riverside Drive

Burbank, CA 91506

Brian Frons

President ABC DAYTIME

77 West 66th Street

New York NY 10023

Comment Line & E-Mail Addresses

ABC: (CA) Comment Line - 818-460-7477 (Brian Frons is President of ABC Daytime in addition to SoapNet so I'd complain on this number too)

ABC: (NY) Comment Line: 212-456-1000 (ask for comment line)

Brian Frons: [email protected]

Anne Sweeney: [email protected]

• Members

Thank you Rhiannon.

I plan to get busy tomorrow. I'm not going to be mean or hateful, as hard as it is not to, but I think doing it respectfully will get their attention.

I'm thinking of starting a petition too, for all the soaps screwed by Frons and shoved to either weekends or off the schedule completely.

Does Frons really think OTH and OC will get good ratings in the early afternoon? I can understand the evening airings but the early afternoon slots are ridiculous.

Archived