Ex-PASSIONS Star checks into rehab...

KLN

• Members

Perez Hilton!

"On Monday, March 19, Jesse Metcalfe entered a rehab facility to deal with alcohol issues. He realized he had a problem and was anxious to deal with it immediately. The actor, best known as the hunky gardener on the ABC show 'Desperate Housewives' and the star of the film 'John Tucker Must Die' hopes that the media will allow him the privacy to deal properly with his treatment."

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Some people have small problems with alcohol or other things. Maybe not to the degree that others do(i.e. waking up to have a drink, etc.) but if alcohol runs your life and is your reason to party all the time, then it is a problem.

I kind of/sort of went through that phase when I first started working at the club last year. Before that, I would go out about twice a month and get blitzed, or if I got sick from drinking I would lay off for a good month or so. Once I got into the bar/club scene as someone who works around alcohol all the time(and not even as a bartender), everything is a game of temptation. At my job, you're allowed two drinks at the end of the night, you get half-off any drink off the clock, free admission to any of the clubs that are owned by our big bosses. So I went from someone who doesn't drink alot to someone who drank more than three days out of the week.

When it comes to a point where you realize that you are doing strange things and that having money in your pocket is more important than drinking yourself to death and feeling like [!@#$%^&*] everyday, that's when you realize that you need to pull yourself together.

I didn't go to AA or join a support group or anything, I just realized after awhile that life isn't a party. It's a lesson that I still have to remind myself sometimes, and I still get drunk. But even the slightest problem with alcohol is something that doesn't need to be ignored.

So, Kudos to Jesse.

• Members

I agree it's a publicity stunt.

This is obviously happening just because he was PUBLICLY kicked out of that hotel. Then there was the Perez expose on that .. he was out of control. It's for both publicity and to soften his image, not personal growth. Never personal growth. :unsure:

• Members

What?! Life's not a party?!?!?! When was this decided and why was I not told?!

I go out and party twice a week (the only time I drink). Sometimes 3 during the summer. Every week. Thursdays and Saturdays. I have my work schedule planning around partying. I'm a firm believer that tequila and pot is the new magic forumla. I never drink to the point that I get sick. The last time that happened was Halloween and I went to a mega-party with an open bar (at least 100-200 people were there). Hell, you only have one life to live ( :P ) and I'm not getting any younger. I'm not busting my ass in the gym 4-5 days a week to sit home -- I'm going to go out and have fun until I'm too old to do it anymore. I think that'll happen around 50. Then I'll just OD and pass away quietly in my sleep. :lol:

• Members

I'm not saying that's the case for everyone, just in my own personal experience.

I just felt, for ME, like the alcohol was overcompensating for me not dealing with certain issues in my own life. It's not like I'm saying that I was a drunken, babbling idiot every hour of my life, but I found that when it came to constant barhopping and partying, I just wasn't up to speed.

I still drink, party, and stuff, but I try to do in as much moderation as I can. I've found that I couldn't keep up with that kind of life the way others can. More power to those who can. It's just not for me.

• Members

Yeah Smart move Jesse

Have your publicist make an announcement and tell the press your going to rehab, but then turn around and say

"I hope that the media will allow him the privacy to deal properly with his treatment."

Ha!

Archived