Days:Wednesday

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated EJ today. So he knows about the bathroom thing? Eh? Stop the omniscious stuff, please. It's not interesting.

And Celeste was so weak with him. Out of character. At least by the time he divulged that he knew about the above. She sounded like she was so scared of him, like she couldn't take her time in convincing him more convincingly. I could buy her being scared, but she would NEVER show it. Not even when it comes to Lexie.

I did love him calling her Francesca. I also loved her last dig about Stefano, and that she remembered why she's still on the show (as a mother figure for Theo).

Kayla shocked me today. Though for sure she'd help Steve. Kudos for the writers giving Kayla personal character growth, so she's not being played like she's just naive Kayla back in the 80's again (not that she was ever really naive, but you get the picture).

That said, this SL for Steve and Kayla is so bad. It doesn't fit them. He remembered too fast (great as his memory flood scenes were). I'll never be able to get past that. This story could actually have merit if he had no memory yet, or barely any beyond Stephanie.

• Members

The reunion/memory return DID happen way too fast back in December, and it frustrated me mightily at the time. Now, however, I think it was written just that way on purpose. We were shown Steve and Kayla both trying to sweep everything under the rug and just pretend that the last 16 years never happened. The last couple of months has been all about showing how that's just not possible. There's a lot I find frustrating about this storyline but I think it's incredibly complex and engaging. It has layers on top of layers, and a lot of those layers would be missing if Steve didn't have his memories right now. It ups all the stakes and it makes scenes like today, when he played on her love for him, and the shame on his face when he heard her sobs outside the door, all the more poignant.

I agree on EJ's omincience being annoying and I'll toss in his omnipotence as well. It's past time for him to start losing a few battles. The fact that no one ever gets the upper hand with him is getting very old.

Man, Belle was really channeling her inner !@#$%^&*] today. I had to snort when Gabby said she was wound too tight. *g*

• Members

I agree GBB. The story is not perfect but I do find it incredibly angsty and emotional at times. It is complex and I think the fact that Steve does have his memory makes it better.

The Steve/Kayla stuff was heartbreaking. I agree about the character growth in Kayla. I totally thought she was going to help him. Good stuff. Loved see Marlena kick ass today. Those scenes were so entertaining. This is the Marlena I love. Also liked Billie sharing scenes with Marlena and Kayla. Those were refreshing and I liked how Billie told Kayla it would all be ok. MBE and SN did shine today.

I don't get where people think Celeste was weak today. I mean, hello, she had to act that way. It's pretty clear she wants EJ dead and that is why she has been conspiring with Sami. She couldn't act all high and mighty with EJ. He would know something was going on with her and maybe even between her and Sami. He only suspects she was helping Sami in some way but he knows nothing about what they discussed. I had no problem with Celeste today. She was pretending to play right into EJ's hands. This way he gets a false sense of security. She let a little but of her strength outy when she had that last dig at Stefano, which I loved. Loved him calling her Francesca and also if I didn't think Lexie was coming back before, I certainly do now.

Oh, and as for EJ always winning or getting the upper hand, I like that. I like that he is invincible right now because it makes his inevitable fall that much greater and well worth it.

Belle was really in bitchy mode today. I was glad they finally had her talking about her parents. Her desire to call them was nice. Liked the end with Shawn and Claire walking in on her. I am liking Gabby more and more but Duck is a waste.

Very good show today though. Celeste/EJ and Marlena/Billie/Steve/Kayla were just great. Belle/Shawn were alright but nothing special.

• Members

When are they going to have someone actually pop the taste out of EJ's mouth? I mean yeah, I love his character, but come on, there has GOT to be someone that don't give a rip about anything he says and puts him in his place every once in a while....I didn't like the Celeste/EJ scenes at all...for the mere fact that EJ was all up in her grill with that over the top menacing attitude.

When can we get Belle and Shawn back to Salem instead of being on Gilligan's Island?

I liked some of the show, but not by much

• Members

I watched the show today even though I seem to have caught something and not feeling well. Marlena is as I love her best. A stong, thinking, determined woman....smart but feminine. Kayla frustrates me to no end and so does Steve. I just have to tune them out.

Loved the island scene today. I actually like Duck. He is a great old Marine sergeant and could be a very interesting character. The actor is only turning 53 so he is good for a single woman from around 40 up. I love him come to think of it LOL. Did anyone remember to check the credits to see where Franco Ross appeared today. I forgot.

EJ is getting himself so hated. Celeste scares me. I think I never really cared for her except with Abe. She is very feminine and maternal around Abe and Theo. I also got the vibe that Lexie is coming back.

• Members

Oh, Celeste was weak. If she wants EJ dead, she doens't have to act like he's some God. And she didn't, but sometimes she acted like he put the fear of God in her. She was all over the place. Sometimes she was snarky and confidence and other times, stuttering and bumbling. The latter is NEVER Celeste. EJ would know that and see through it if it was supposed to be an act. She's not stupid. So I maintain what I said. Out. Of. Character.

I like Duck, too. I'd like him even better if there was no end in sight for the show. He's one of those quirky archetypes that Days has used successfully in the past. But between 2009 and the balance, I don't want to get too fond of him.

And I don't know, GBB. I can't say I agree. It's the DiMera angle and mind control I don't like. It's a very forced presence in their story that sucks any enjoyment out of their performances, which have for the most part been brilliant. I do agree about the love for the not brushing the past 16 years under the rug. I just think that there was a million and one different, better ways to do it, so I'm finding it hard to forgive Hogan's laziness.

• Members

And PestSpray, Ponz? No one BUT Marlena should be the one to do just that. I would love it if EJ went back to visit Stefano only to find the bed empty, with Marlena laying in it. Give her a turn with the cat and mouse, and see how HE feels.

• Members

Marlena drugs EJ, ties him up and tortures him. Just taunts him with what she will do to him. She tells him that he's left her with nothing to lose and it's payback time. She's figured out that John's being kept in a coma by him (my personal theory and the only thing that'll make sense) and we get to see the mama bear torture little Elvis. Some snarky remarks about seeing what Stefano saw in her and what he did with Sami, and I mean, she's a good as the day is long, but have you SEEN her angry? Even Brady did a "WHOA!". That would be HIGH CLASS ENTERTAINMENT.

• Members

I think the EJ and Celeste scenes were too long, but certainly not unncessary. Stefano had a thing with Celeste, so I see why EJ wouldn't want to get her out of the way, knowing that her and Sami were talking about something. So, he gave her a little heads up to back off! Celeste needs to take matters into her own hands if she really wants to get rid of EJ. I'm tired of waiting for her to get Sami to commit the crime. In fact, even Sami is getting a little annoying with the constant worry over this EJ stuff.

Archived