TV Guide: NBC in Talks to Air Passions on DIRECTTV

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are they considering a pay per view arrangement like BBC America set up with Dish Network for Eastenders? They charge about $10 a month for the approx. 2 hour weekly omnibus (roughly 20 1/2 hour episodes a month.)

I think it would be expensive and not many would spring for it if that's so.

• Members

Ain't going to fly even with repeats of Days and SB to back it up.

Plus to air repeats of Days would be Sony's call, not NBC's. And since Sony already has a deal with Disney and Soapnet, it is not going to happen. If NBC owned Days, it wouldn't be airing on Soapnet.

• Members

Can some of you even BE positive? Sheesh! I think it's an interesting concept and I'll wait and see what happens.

I realize we are free to say what we want, but come on ... at least give it a chance before automatically shutting it down! Me ... unless the writing changes I say just end Passions, which is hard for me to say. I was a DIEHARD fan from 1999 until 2001.

• Members

NOOOO! I LOVE Passions and it is great it might live on, but I don't get Satellite and am on cable! And I am not gonna go through trying to change it(because I've tried it before, didn't work), so I won't be able to see it if it does go up on Satellite! :(

• Members

I would be positive if I thought this would benefit the show but it won't. People aren't just going to change their lifestyle for Passions. Kevin Reilly makes me hopeful that the show will live on but I don't feel satellite is the way to go. Most of the fanbase won't be able to see it so that is more a detriment then a benefit.

Oh, and a side note, NBC is really doing all it can for Passions which is refreshing. I hope they extend the same courtesy to Days. Anyway, I hope Passions does find a home. I know NBC has affiations with Sci-Fi and USA so perhaps they could look into those or other cable options. I think cable or another network is the way to go to save the show and give it a fighting chance.

Archived