AMC: Monday

• Members

Oh man - David Canary, MEK, and Bobbie Eakes are all giving outstanding performances today. These are great scenes at the Chandler Mansion.

I love how Adam laid into JR too - I'm just annoyed by JR's actions lately.

How dare Babe give Colby a hard time for telling Adam about Krystal's secret. Babe needs to STFU!

Oh SNAP! Tad just told Krystal she's worse than Greg Madden. I love how he's ripping into her for doing what she did to him and Dixie...I love how he is bringing Dixie into all this.

YOU NEVER ALLOWED HIM TO LOVE HER! How dare Krystal tell Tad that he never loved Charlotte - but her and Adam did. Krystal was a straight up b!tch with that. Weird how you can like a character one week and then hate her the next.

GO ADAM - set her sh!t on FIRE!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

On all that is holy and sacred, I can't stand those Carey two for one specials. They act so victimized and wrap themselves in mock indignation when their sh*t comes flushing out. Ugh!!

Babe needs to STFU! Stick a random guy's sausage in her yap; isn't time for her to cheat on JR again?

JR needs to be taught a painful lesson. Both the character and and actor frustrate me to no end. JR is an assclown and quite frankly, Jacob Young doesn't havet he nuances to delve into his character's dimensions and he comes off as one note.

Keep on ripping, Tad! Bring up how that b*tch stole Bianca's baby too! Krystal will play games with anything that pops out of a uterus.

• Members

Thank you Joanna Cohen!

GO TAD! Tell that little fuckhead JR what's up - I loved how he called JR a little son of a b!tch. I am so happy Tad called JR out on spitting on Dixie's dying wish and that his mother is ashamed of him. F*** YOU JR!

I loved the scenes with Adam and Colby in the park when the stuff was on fire. Colby did a great job showing her scared emotion as her dad was out of control, but then they both apologized to each other. Powerful stuff. Then I loved how Colby called Stuart to help out Adam - the Stuart/Adam scenes were great too. I think David Canary might have his Emmy reel for next year.

• Members

True that, I may bitch about the way the show goes about handling the Carey women, but I generally do like Krystal. Today she acted too much like Babe does when she's caught (i.e. the Colby/Babe scene) and it's hard to like her when she does that.

Beall (breakdown) and Cohen (script) wrote today - it's always pretty nice when they come together. One thing that got in the way of it being as stellar an episode as it could be, that I won't blame on the episode writers as much as I do McTavish, is that there's so much hypocriticalness here because of the non-sensical baby/affair lying things they've had all these men do in the name of Carey. But eh what can you do...

DC, did an awesome, awesome job. Great job by most of these guys, but particuarly DC (def. Emmy reel).

• Members

What an episode and I loved how it was just confined to the Chandler mansion. Beall and Cohen did the show justice and the scenes with Adam burning everything and vowing vengeance on anyone who betrayed him! Hell hath no fury when it comes to Adam Chandler Senior! ITA Angeal. Emmy reel for sure. David Canary is still one of if not the most talented actors in daytime. Finally he is getting material to show it. I loved how J.R threw the babyswitch in his face. I am like, you are all hypocrites here but that's thanks to McTavish. Next week Tad will be singing Krystal's praises most likely.

Oh well I will enjoy this moment!

• Members

YAY FOR JOANNA COHEN!!! :wub::D

YAY FOR ANGELA TESSINARI...!!! :D

Boooooo for Agenda L. Beall. :angry:

It was truly a mixed blessing for me to watch today's episode. While I think Cohen was rightfully given this episode to write, I wish the breakdown wasn't written by that biased Agenda L. Beall.

-Josh had no reason to show up today(the time could've been given to Adam and Stuart).

-How many more derogatory names can Adam say before it gets tired(3rd grade name calling is
Agenda's
trademark)?

-Adam and JR are still
unprovoked evil
:rolleyes:

But the dialog was fabulous, as usual. It gave each and every one of the actors whose characters were sincerely affected by this storyline a fair chance to bring their A games (or in the case of Jacob, a fair chance to attempt at bringing his A game) to the set and bat one out of the park. Of course, Colin just showed up to push the Babe agenda, so he phoned it in. He probably remembered his lines from a script three weeks ago, since all he had to say was "BABE. BABE BABE... I LOVE BABE. JR IS EVIL. BABE!"

My shining stars were David Canary and Michael E. Knight. It's been far too long for DC. The man's brilliance has been squelched for the last three years in order to pimp all thinks Carey. He played each and every beat Adam was feeling in this episode. I mean, he literally played all the colors of emotion. You name it, I believe Adam felt it. I felt proud that this LEAD actor was on my show.

MEK, omg! Joanna Cohen has made it impossible for me, now. She gave Thorsten that fantastic material on the 3/2 episode, and she gave MEK these words on today's episode. 2008 Emmys are theirs. Unless Cameron takes an acting class between now and December, there should be no question at AMC who they should put up for the pre-noms. But today's MEK's time to shine -- and that he did. He was on FIRE! I can't stand Tad, and I always feel insulted the way he degrades Adam's parenting skills with JR when JR was acting out as a result of Tad and Dixie's turbulent marriage -- I forgave him because MEK was OWNING those scenes.

This is the stuff that makes AMC what it should be. Great acting brought on by great dialog dictated by story that has REALISTIC HUMAN EMOTIONS! We need this on our show every damn day... not once or twice at the END of a boring storyline.

• Members

^Damn you are on fire today! I loved reading your post. I couldn't agree more and I hate to admit this, but I'm slowly seeing what you're talking about with "Agenda" Beall. I still find her entertaining (prob. bc my immature side doesn't mind the 3rd grade namecalling), and I still think she's better than most of them - but I do see what you're talking about with her agendas and whatnot.

And I'm finally 100% sold on the Joanna Cohen love.

• Members

Exactly - I feel the same way. I generally like Krystal - and ever since Babe "died", I've been on her side and rooting for her. But today took me to the other side. She pushed all blame off her and tried to convince everyone that her actions were out of love and only love ---- which is such a Babe characteristic.

• Members

If anyone would have told me years ago that MEK in the chicken suit, who was so great with the comedy, would one day mature into a fine dramatic actor, I wouldn't have believed it! He put tears in my eyes today. He and DC were on fire!

• Members

I totally agree. I used to feel uncomfortable in the past when a storyline brought Tad to a "No Jinkies Zone" and MEK had to be dramatic. I wasn't used to it. The writers played up MEK's comedic timing sooooo much over the years that it I didn't know how to take a more serious Tad.

Now, MEK's been delivering stellar performances EACH AND EVERY SINGLE TIME that I'm like, "Tad used to be a funny character?" While I'm not happy that McTavish enjoys making Tad suffer (I mean, really. He's gone through way too much the past three years), I like that MEK has a chance to showcase his dramatic talents.

• Members

Dear R Sinclair,

First, are you aware that breakdown writers don't get to determine what characters are featured in an episode? Or when they show up?

The head writer writes a weekly THRUST for the next five episodes. Our dear friend, Megan, determines which characters will be featured in each episode and WHEN.

After communicationg with the other FIVE breakdown writers during two story meetings, they hash out what exactly is going to happen in each episode, with the head writer, naturally, dictating most of it. In essence, a head writer doesn't have the time to toil away at writing detailed outlines, and so he or she communicates their ideas to a team that is hired to do so. Taking notes from that meeting, each breakdown writer writes an episode outline to guide the script writer. This is an expansion on the headwriter's THRUST to guide the script writer. Breakdown writers don't get that much leeway to determine what the frick exactly happens in an episode. Often than not, they are merely a middleman between the head writer's IDEAS and the dialogue writer, to make sure the dialogue writer knows what the heck to write.

Anyway, it's nearly impossible to see a breakdown writer's specific stamp or influence on a specific episode. They DO get to have their influence in the weekly story meetings, but hell, so do FOUR other writers plus the story editor.

Hell, I think most (all?) AMC episodes are garbage under McT, and I see a whole hell out of a lot of Babe, Josh, Ryass, etc. pimping no matter who's credited as the BDW, but heck, I still love the breakdown writing team, for the most part, given their previous accomplishments (you know, before working with Megan).

Secondly...I don't think it's weird that people have their favorites and champion them and likewise...their nonfavorites and lampoon them, but there's a line between cheerleading your favs and dissing your least favs and just plain OBSESSION.

It's to the point that I'm ready to contact ABC for the sake of your future well-being. If there is ever a day when (god forbid) Ms. Cohen exits AMC, I hope ABC will arrange to have you quitely captured & transferred to a padded room (i.e. an environment without objects you could use to harm yourself) where you will remain there until you've had time to propely grieve, mourn, accept, recover, and adequately prepare for years of more Amanda L. Beall breakdowns. I'm not sure yet if I'm joking.

But what the hell...

ARE YOU JOANNA COHEN!!?!?!?!?

• Members

I do have a PM if you wish to address your personal problems with me and/or my sanity and lack of knowledge about the process of daytime writing. If not, then don't personally attack me in the thread because it's cowardly since I can't respond the way I'd like to without the posts most likely being deleted by the moderator.

• Members

Back to the topic at hand.....

I loved how Adam told J.R they were duped and how he asked him what he would do if Babe was carrying Josh's spawn.

God David Canary is just mesmerizing! I could have used a longer Stuart/Adam scene but, just their expressions said it all.

DAVID CANARY FOR THE 2008 LEAD ACTOR EMMY

Archived