DAYS: Two actors added to contract cast

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not that I disagree. I think some are overreacting--and that includes me sometimes, especially when I'm over-caffeinated. However, perception becomes reality. And right now people are perceiving big changes and are scared and nervous. An HONEST interview with Hogan and/or Corday would go a long way to calming this situation, but I doubt that happens.

On topic, after watching today I doubt Duck will be around too long. Gabby may find her way back to Salem. She may be a Willow replacement, as Willow is getting herself into an awful lot of trouble with an awful lot of people. I liked Gabby's look as it's a nice change from the blondes, and I kind of got a kick out of her trying to entertain Claire when she was crying. So, now that I've switched to decaf, I will calm down and take a wait and see approach and hope (again) that good things are coming.

• Members

I don't get it either. They're essentially the same character, yet more people seem to instantly prefer her to Willow. I have yet to see Gabriella, but I don't think I'll like her any more than I do Will-hoe.

And I agree with y'all about Duck. He may have a contract now, but there's no way he's here for the long haul.

• Members

Oh, but I don't love Gabby; I'm just willing to wait and see. But I did like her playing with the baby to quiet her down, that was charming, I thought. If Gabby turns out to be similar to Willow, I won't like her either. Right now I have no real sense of who she's going to be; that's why I'm willing to take a wait and see approach. In a couple weeks, I may hate her, too. The way Willow has been written, I sometimes wonder if we're supposed to hate her. They've certainly given her no redeeming qualities or reasons for us to like her. I've been waiting, thinking maybe I would gradually come to care for her, but, no, it hasn't happened. I did feel sorry for her when EJ treated her with such cruelty and disrespect, but the next day I was right back to hating her again.

• Members

Personally I'd rather not see familiar faces if they aren't in a worthy story. It ruins them. I also love to watch things grow and blossom so the new faces represent that to me. I embrace the changes, mostly. Willow is a new klutz and I'm still not sure where she belongs but enjoy her as being different. Jed is stiff, but he will work in or be out,...I'm willing to see how he is to fit in, too. The other new faces really have their niche, even Nick. Today, I loved Gabby and so happy she will be around, but I'm not seeing how she will fit in and the only way I see Duck is similar to Howie or some of the other occasional oddball characters of the past. Days is changing. It surely needed to.

• Members

How's is Gabby Willow 2.0? As far as I've seen, the two are nothing alike and share nothiong in common besides a third-party to Shelle. Gabby so far sure seems to have a sweet, Daddy's girl type character, even if she's willing to rebel against daddy for a boy's affection. That could change, sure. But it's a bit early.

• Members

I totally agree with you there, but at the same time I don't want to see new faces or new characters in unworthy stories right now either. And right now none of the stories are worthy of anyone. At least with familiar faces there would be someone on I could connect with in the slow boring tried and true stories. Right now other than Sami & Lucas I just don't share a real connection with anyone. I am starting to about Chelsea but still not enough to enjoy the story because of it. And Sami & Lucas' story is lacking big time and the rape part of it turns me off completely.

Steve & Kayla's story is okay but just a repeat of all the other DiMera stories from the past without any originality and stuck with the fact that it is hard to imagine Elvis Jr. being the one who could have possibly done this to Steve. There is still no history to the characters to get over the obvious fact that and you have to suspend so much belief to even get into it that it is not worth the effort. The other times there was history to Roman/Stefano, John/Tony, Stefano/Marlena, Stefano/Bo/Hope, etc. that added to the story. There is no history to EJ/Steve and it is just lost to me - the same way all the stuff was with Spencer on OLTL. I never bought into his feud with the Buchanans because there was onscreen history. This time there is no history to Steve/EJ or even really Steve/DiMera's because at that time he was fighting the Alamains when he disappeared.

So right now as other say on this board I would give my left nut to see one of these unworthy stories to have characters I could care about and connect to involved in them to help. I couldn't get into John's kidney being stolen because the whole family element of it was left off. It was all about Steve/Kayla and we didn't even get to see how John's family reacted to him being missing or anything. That is all I ask is give me someone to care about or make me care. These new characters are definitely not going to do it. I don't care one iota about what happens to Willow at all. I feel for her the same way I did last year on ATWT when they showed Jade sleeping on the bench outside of the library because she had no where to go. I wasn't invested in the character so I didn't care what happened to her. In the same vein I don't care if Willow has no place to go or what happens to her.

So I agree with you Jean that I don't like familiar faces in unworthy stories but when the majority of the stories are unworthy and filled with people you can't connect with - the familiar sure helps alot.

• Members

Okay, maybe Willow was symnpathetic to Shawn to get him into bed, and maybe because she was even genuinely into him, but that's not what's going on with Gabby. She likes him and wants to earn points. It's a slightly different begginings here.

Though...daysfan has a point *sprouts horns*

• Members

Are you kidding? People didn't love Willow at first. She's always been disliked and even hated. And I do see now that Gabby is apparently going to go after Shawn, but it's not the going-after-Shawn thing that makes me hate Willow so that doesn't make me automatically dislike Gabby. I've said before, I'm adopting a wait and see approach now. But my first impression is much more favorable than with either member of the Stark family.

Archived