DAYS: Two actors added to contract cast

• Members

"Days of Our Lives" has added two actors to its contract cast, beginning Wednesday, March 14. Joy Bisco (Gabby) and Franc Ross (Duck) portray a father and daughter that Shawn, Belle and Claire run into on the Pacific island they've been hiding out on. It is the first contract role for both actors. Both are signed to the standard three-year contracts and are contracted to the show through March, 2010. Bisco was recently seen on an episode of "CSI" and has two movies coming out later this year, "The Shanghai Hotel" and "In My Sleep." She recurred on "Port Charles" as Casey Leong from 2002-2003. Jocelyn H. Bisco was born on October 15, 1975 in San Diego, California. She graduated from California State University. Ross has been a guest on many TV series throughout the years, and recently recurred on "Deadwood." He has a movie coming out later this year, "The Perfect Sleep." Franc Albert Ross was born in San Diego, California on April 6, 1954. He graduated from the American Conservatory Theatre and sometimes directs plays in the Los Angeles area. With their additions to the cast, there are now 29 actors under contract. For more information, please visit http://members.aol.com/jason47b

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? I really can't see them sticking around long but they sign three year contracts?! I guess I'll just watch and see what role they play on the show, because at first I assumed Willow wouldn't be around this long but she did stick around longer than I expected so I wonder what Hogan has in store for these two....

• Members

Dammit...Why is Hogan doing this? He said in his interviews that he wouldn't be adding new families...Yet we know have the Starks...and now this father and daughter is coming on...No offense to the actors, because i've never seen their work before...But i just assumed they would be short term while shelle was on the island...I really hope this turns out to be a short term thing..Because Days isn't even showing a large majority of the cast, why add 2 more new characters...Oh yeah to piss off fans more...

• Members

So much for those that ASSURED us these were temporary. Two more new characters and new faces on contract is all we need. No wonder I just can't get excited about watching the show again.

Last week while in the hospital - I didn't have SoapNet and I missed the show all week for the first time since January. Now at home after reading the thread about today's show I am not that excited about watching it tonight on SoapNet and this news does nothing to make me want to even start back watching.

People can say there are that many new characters and they are not part of the problem. But sorry yes they are. Just because they are not an issue for some does not lessen the problem that some of us have with them. Adding 2 more does not help the problem either. And esp. putting them on contract. Everyone tried to say with Willow we know she won't be around long. Well see where that went. Hogan obviously loves her. And now they have put these 2 on contract.

If they weren't going to be around long they would have put on recurring like Benji - who I definitely could have taken on contract more than Willow and these 2.

• Members

Now I may be wrong and after a while we will probably know based on what Hogan does, but I think when they get a contract that means they are sticking around. You will notice Noah Segan was only on recurring through his short stint. I could be wrong but I think when peple get contracts it signals they are sticking around based on what we have seen so far.

• Members

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but I think it's obvious that NBC said, "In order for a renewal, get rid of Bope, Jarlena and all vets except Maggie and create new families that are cheaper so this show can be profitable again!"

Clearly, Duck and his daughter, as well as the Starks, are here to stay. They're new "core families." Bope and Jarlena, obviously, will soon be gone like J&J. Jarlena is easy. They'll move far from Salem so EJ and Stefano and the DiMeras can't terrorize them so easily. Bope is harder to write out. Of course, Shawn, Alice and Caroline can always die, etc etc...think of it as a Frons-ization of NBC daytime.

I see Duck, the daughter, Belle, Shawn, EJ, Sami, Lucas, Willow, Jed, Max Abby, Chelsea, Nick makin' it...staying.

• Members

ITA. I'm trying to hold onto my optimism for DAYS, but it's getting harder each day. I can't believe they are adding contract actors right now with all the problems this show is having. They may as well just fire all the vets and call it a brand new soap.

Archived