DAYS: Two actors added to contract cast

• Members

but who knows what NBC wants?

IF they say, "We'll keep the show if it maintains a 2.0 with all newbies" (meaning licensing fees and that budget are brought WAY down so the show stands a chance of making greater profit)" then the dips the show sees now are fine. I'm not saying this to advocate, by the way, just sayin' it to understand this situation adn dissect it, and try to get inside the minds of television executives.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't really know what to say to this news. I thought for sure Bisco and the other actor would surely be recurring. I was totally joking when I made the comparison to Carly Manning and that Gabriella would come to Salem. :lol: I guess I was right!

I can't say that I'm happy to have 2 new faces on contract. I really do hope J&M, BOPE, etc. get more screen time over these two and I'll be fine. Part of me wants to believe that Hogan has a short arc for these characters and they'll be featured a lot. And it makes sense that it's probably a lot cheaper to have actors on a contract than to pay them for recurring status for each episode they're on. Maybe after the story's done, they'll be gone.

Wow...

• Members

I'm sorry JER had his faults his last tenure but he didn't give us as many new characters during his last tenure as Hogan has in 6 months.

Maybe if the stories were more interesting and had more punch all the new faces and the new characters wouldn't matter as much, but right now Hogan's stories are lacking and the new characters and the new faces are not helping them out any.

• Members

How old are these characters supposed to be?

I can see why they'd bring on another woman for the Sami-EJ-Lucas stuff. And, who knows, maybe Duck could be a love interest for Marlena, or Kate, or both.

So, on the potential bright side, they could be logical gap-filling characters. The actors could be charismatic and super, too, which the show needs.

I guess I'm mostly ok with this. As long as they don't tie them to Willow and/or Jed, that is.

• Members

Hopefully they don't catch on and they drop them. Just because they get a contract doesn't mean they will be on for 3 years. They have this crazy thing that we all should of heard of by now where they can drop someone every 13 weeks.

• Members

I agree partly, but JER while he did not have many newbies totally turned characters into something they were not and they were practically new people.

Tony suddenly went whacko and did things the regular Tony would never do. The regular Tony would never hypnotise Marlena, send Salem to an island, turn a woman into a man, lock people in a castle, and try to pull off something in Iraq. The character was destroyed and was there ever an explanation? No.

Even Jan Spears was turned into something she was not. Yes she loved Shawn but in 2002 it was not an obsession and she was not clawing after Shawn despite her schemes. She patched things up with her mother and if I remember right WILLINGLY went to London with her mother and they patched up their relationship. She seemed sane but when she came back all of that was forgotten and she turned into someone that was barely anything like what we had scene in years previous.

Sami was turned back into a schemeing woman. She had character development over the years but suddenly that was squashed and she went back to schemeing for revenge or whatever.

There are probably more, but my point is JER made old characters seem like they were new people. And that is far worse than bringing in new bies. He also had HIS newbies such as Alex North.

• Members

You have echoed my feelings deeply and to the point. All the DAYS positives said "this is not a contract role", this is "short term". Uhm... O K. Again, that didn't even matter since we have recurring newbies on A LOT. But why? W H Y??? I don't know what to say about this. It's becoming clearer and clearer what DAYS is becoming and the territory it is headed in.

Archived