GL: Actor out!

• Members

Are you serious?? Actually, I may have read this before somewhere but that kinda makes no sense that they would give her a contract half a year before they actually started using her. :blink: I don't know whether I should be glad that we're only getting two and a half years of her tops and only less than a year to go at this point...or....angry that she was kept on contract longer than MD...who can act CIRCLES around her.

The show is going to be soo boring with it's best potential male villain gone. Now, we have Alan, who has been reduced to a caricature. Speaking of which, the Spauldings are going to be somewhat stale without A-M. He saw the family for what is was all the time. He was the voice of reason despite his potential to be just like everyone else. Arghh...the TPTB are idiots, I tell you.

As for CVA's contract...nothing against the actress again but I just cannot see the character becoming anything more than pure camp for the next 3 years. I don't think that type of role deserves a contract.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why they never should have taken Blake off contract. Blake and A-M have quite a bit of history together that could have been tapped into, especially with Ross' death.

And I second the notion about Gaskill. Morgan Englund was by no means irreplacable, but Brian Gaskill?? Nope. Sorry. Not working.

• Members

There was just so much potential for Alan-Michael. He could have been paired with virtually anyone (Dinah, Blake, Beth, etc.), and it very well might have worked. And the Spaulding family has already been whittled away with the jarring absence of Phillip and Alexandra appearing every once in a blue moon. This was just a stupid decision.

• Members

I haven't been able to see Gaskill on GL yet but the fact that he gets on the show while they kick off MD just boggles my mind even more. Gaskill ain't all that.

I agree that A-M could have been paired with any of the other females (besides Marina and Ava). Personally, I was hoping for a hookup with Dinah. Someone on another board mentioned that they would could have made a great power couple. They seemed get each other in a way that no one else could yet Dinah hated how much A-M understood her. But nooo...instead, they stick with Dinah/Mallet who are now boring...and GT hasn't had a storyline that's held my interest in months.

• Members

Seems like my dreams of having a Dinah/AM/Blake triangle play out on GL will only be that; a dream. Thank god I have my blog.

Dinah/Alan-Michael would have been phenominal. I don't think any soap would have had such a dysfunctional couple who understood each other.

• Members

Dinah & Alan-Michael would've been great. A-M/Dinah/Mallet love triangle would've made great sense, too.

An Inside the Light episode on Ashlee? Christ! She's becoming the stereotypical funny fat girl. But she's just annoying now because she's so dense and oblivious to her own stupidity. At least before she knew when Lizzie was purposely brushing her off and using her for contact info.

• Members

Graybunny, I never thought about that. Ashlee has done a little switcheroo of her own in terms of character. Unfortunately, she's always on one extreme or the other that I could care less where they take her at this point. She's been pure camp for about a year now. To have her become otherwise would just look unnatural.

Archived