Soap Opera Openings

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Deidre was part of the original cast of Y&R. That close was from the very 1st episode (I know because I have it on DVD). Deidre's character (Barbara Anderson) was involved with Brad Elliot who had been presumed deceased in an accident when he wandered into Genoa City in 1973.

• Members

Am I the only one that likes it. I mean I really do. And no its not because of my aunt Mary.

I also thing Y&R needs to update its visuals character wise.

OLTL opening reall has little indentiy like the blue version did and the P. Bryson one and the ones with the sun and the sky. Its dark and deary cast shots. Wheres the identiy. Amc has the photo book. GH the hospital. Does n e one understand what I am talkin about?

P.S. I think it is very tacky that soaps use taped and film shots in their openings. Like AMC, GH,OLTL, Y&R,ATWT

• Members

Well, I'm figuring that the color/organ ATWT opening was just something that the guy pasted together, using the color visual and taking the organ theme from a black and white opening. The sound of the theme and announcer just sounds so familiar to me, like I've seen it with the black and white opening. And besides, didn't the announcer make a point to note that the show was in "in COLOR!" for a while? But then again, that part is sort of cut out, so I guess it's still a mystery.

I thought everyone knew where the final "Somerset" opening came from. The TVLand bug is right there in the corner. Last year, they had an original series called "My First Time" and it was about famous TV stars talking about their first major gigs. Ted Danson and John O'Hurley were featured together in an episode because they both started on soaps (Danson on SOM and O'Hurley on "Loving"). There were tons of clips from both shows, including the final SOM opening as well as LOV's gorgeous original opening. There was also a Love in the Afternoon promo in there too.

Oooh, I can't wait to see the next montage. I remember loving WoST's "Generations of Soap Opens" montage, along with a second montage that was on one of the earlier versions of the site (along with "General Hospi-tale," a disco run-down of late 70s GH storylines; "Soap," a country song with soap title lyrics about a man who's wife is addicted to soaps; and a really awesome jazzy version of the "Dark Shadows" theme song).

See, I've always thought that the fireplace opening was only used for two or three years. For a very long time, most people had no idea what it even looked like, and most sites simply said that the visuals were used for a brief two-to-three year period. The sunrise debut directly afterwards and used the original theme before the Jack Urbont theme came in 1975.

Archived