Soap Opera Openings

• Members

I respect your opinion, but somewhat disagree with it. However, I think a mixture of OLTL's early themes and the Peabo Bryson opening and the late 90s opening would make for an interesting combination. But whatever they do, their next opening needs to be completely different from AMC and GH. They three soaps do not need to be morphed into one big mess.

I would love to hear Peabo Bryson sing an updated version of his song in a new updated Tour of Llanview opening based on that of the late 80s and early 90s.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
My favorite Soap theme of all time was the AW theme that ran from 87 to 96, sung by Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris. It holds a special place in my heart, and is the one of the only Soap themes that at times can bring tears to my eyes......lnr28.gif

• Members

Rhiannon, I love that "when I'm with you, you take me away ... to another world" theme too -- it caught my ears even when I was channel-surfing before I started watching Another World -- but I don't like the openings associated with that theme as much I like AW's last opening, which I mentioned earlier and the original poster mentioned.

• Members

Here are some of the openings I've made.

GH Opening w/ the Sunset Beach Theme:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

GH Opening w/ the Faces of the Heart Theme (for my fanfic, but I added no new characters)
">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
GH Opening w/ the Sunset Beach Theme (for my fanfic, new characters added)
">

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Although it's not my favorite(tie between Nadia's Theme and AW's You Take Me Away), I think the four seasons opening of ATWT is the most underrated soap openings and closing...the visuals were enchanting and the music was powerful, especially when the closing credits rolled over day's scenes.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

I love that DOOL and Passions have held out and kept montages that reflect the mood of the show. I liked it when the shows stuck to symbols like the hourglass, the globe, the lighthouse and the picture album. The trend of having actors grinning at you set to theme music is really strange to me, but I did enjoy it during ATWT's 1999 open and Y&R's jazzy saxophone open. They go to all that trouble and yet only Y&R and B&B show you their names. If I have to see them, I'd rather they used footage from episodes the way GL did in the 90s and stay in context.

• Members

Unfortunately "Mallorca" was cancelled after only one year on the air (it ran from April 1999 to February 2000) because its ratings were extremely low compared to the other daily soaps. This opening was the short version, the longer version also featured the characters' names.

All five German daily soaps have not updated their openings since 2006. I expect updates for September/October.

My favourite openings from Germany are these:

Marienhof: 2002

Marienhof: 2004

Marienhof: 2006 (current opening)

GZSZ: 1995

GZSZ: 1996

GZSZ: 1998 (GZSZ hasn't had a decent opening in years)

GZSZ: 2004 (this opening was okay, at least it featured the names of the actors)

Verbotene Liebe ("Forbidden Love"): 2002

Verbotene Liebe: 2006 (current opening) (notice that only four characters from the 2002 opening were still there four years later)

Unter uns: 2006

Alles was zählt: 2006

Sturm der Liebe ("Storm of Love"): 2007 (this show's a telenovela)

Archived