ATWT: Wednesday March 7 discussion

• Members

I really think today's show was great yet again, that makes all three show's this week that have been good, and also very balanced, once again we saw 4-5 storylines today which was great, Katie and the Kids was totally funny to me, I really enjoyed that scene, in fact Katie and Jack are growing on me period. The Will/Gwen/Barbar/Maddie stuff was also good. Only thing that made me mad was Luke disappeared to go help Holden, not to sure if I believe that but anyway. I love Cheri she is making Emily's storyline really interesting, if only we could keep the show going like this with the 4-5 storylines a day it good start to get better again. I also liked them talking about Hal today also, it is nice to know that they have not forgot about him.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh...an okay show. I'm a little ticked they'd mention some out of town posthumous award for Hal, but only "send" Babs and Will to it or even mention the darned thing. Hal, who's fathered half of Oakdale, deserves better. They could at least say Nikki was going to it. They could at least tell Parker. Let Emily hear about it and be ashamed of her current profession. KWIM? That used to be the best part of ATWT, seeing how the "news" would affect people. PISSES. ME. OFF. that Pissy gets praise for such half-assed writing.

Parker and JJ making fun of Katie was okay. Not buying the rest of the Katie garbage. Sorry, the woman needs to be shipped the hell out of town. Cutesy little scenes of playing Family Helper to Carly's family does not earn her redemption.

I'm liking the Emily story more than I thought...but Dusty and Emily have no chemistry. I really like Robin Mattson. I keep hoping they'll find a way to keep her.

Uhm...I know Jen Landon won an emmy and everything...but lately it's like she's just phoning this in. There's no range in her emotions.

• Members

I am starting to warm up to the idea of Jack and Katie. At first, I was solely against it. After watching today, I get them. They're not that weird together. I enjoyed Katie's scenes with Parker and JJ. I could see that really happening. Two sons see this new woman in their father's life, so they do everything they can to make her uncomfortable, only to find out that she's not that bad and kind of "cool." :lol:

• Members

She's been phoning it in for about a year.

Un-dead Adam has picked up my interest again. Sending dirt along with Gwen's ring was a nice little twist.

LMAO at Gwen trying on the ring to prove it was hers. Like this plastic-fifty cent-vending machine ring was made especially for her.

I love Parker. Are you my dad? :P Too bad he didn't make Katie's life more miserable. I want that whore to S-U-F-F-E-R until eternity.

• Members

I liked Barbara's scenes best too.

I almost changed the channel and didn't come back after seeing doe-eyed Jade playing concerned and sweet followed by Gwen and Maddie being hysterical, but later on Jade was less annoying and Maddie makes up for freaked out Gwen.

I did like the Katie and Jack scenes and most of the scenes with the kids.

I also like how they are mentioning Hal a lot. I miss him.

• Members

I'm loving all the hockey stuff!! It makes Katie bearable. Hopefully it is also turning on more viewers to the joy of hockey. :)

Aside from that, today's episode was generally pretty good, though not stellar. I liked that we got to see Margo react to the news that Adam had tried to sexually assault Gwen (poor Margo), to see Margo talking to Dallas about refusing to quit, and to see Barbara being true to form in her iciness with Maddie. Cheri's confrontation with Emily was also interesting. And Will and Gwen have a lot of tragic romantic chemistry right now ...

Jen Landon's not "phoning it in", she's acting dazed and numb because that's how Gwen feels after all that has happened. To me this is how the character is supposed to be -- really "off", expressionless, zombie-like, stressed -- and the other characters are picking up on that. Jen Landon's performance right now is perfect.

• Members

I really hate how Barbara has ZERO story. I feel bad for Zenk Pinter because Sheffer used her SO much during his stint. Ugh. This makes me mad every time I see her on-screen.

Landon's lost her spark. She definitely has been phoning it in.

• Members

**Jen Landon's not "phoning it in", she's acting dazed and numb because that's how Gwen feels after all that has happened. To me this is how the character is supposed to be -- really "off", expressionless, zombie-like, stressed -- and the other characters are picking up on that. Jen Landon's performance right now is perfect**

She was acting this way for more than the last month, imo. She didn't even have any spark while she was "living the dream" of working on her demo.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived