AMC: Friday

• Members

Ok JSF - here you go:

AND

AND...

AND finally...Janet tells everyone that Dixie is alive! WWDD - WHAT WOULD DIXIE DO??? LOL

Not all of this was Babe getting knocked over, but the culmination of the storyline...great Amanda stuff too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, Pine! THank you! WHY wasn't I watching this show back then? I mean, that is AMAZING stuff! And Janet just needs to come back. Get her out of mail, ASAP! or the mental ward, I can't remember which she's in. What a great psycho! And that mirror thing, with the glasses? Well, that was just all out bizarre out of the world GENIUS!!!

• Members

JSF.... you crack me up!! :lol: I straddle the fence here... I have watched on and off since the early 70's, so I know and appreciate the rich history of the characters in Pine Valley. Some of what McTavish did this past run DID really upset me (like the unabortion of Josh, but even more the turning of Tad into a torturer). I've watched Tad grow from a small broken child into a warm loving man. The thought of him doing what he did this year is inconceivable to me.

On the other hand... I feel as you do about Babe and Krystal. I love Kendall and Zendall (another McTavish creation) and there are some really good things happening now. My boyfriend has only been watching with me for two and a half years... HE thinks the show is awesome, loves the intrigue and action we've been seeing, and like you couldn't care less that Josh's existence is a slap in the face to a truly historical moment in daytime, and Tad would never do what he did. It's all a matter of perspective. ;)

• Members

And I have to agree with you here too. I've been watching since late 1990, and the obvious slap in the face to the history of the show really upsets me, BUT if I step back and realize it's just a soap AND business and just enjoy what I'm watching - well I have to admit, I'm really enjoying what I see. Even 2006, from January-June, was some of my favorite AMC times of all-time.

I also have a few school and work friends who watch now. One has been watching since the Alex/Anna saga, and she's still loving the show today. I got another guy friend to watch with me during the summer of '05 with the Rylee saga (which I couldn't stand) - but he thought Ryan was hot, and really enjoyed that stuff - and now still loves everything about the show. Finally, another friend of mine started watching during Kendall's coma last May and is in love with Zendall and doesn't care about the unabortion and loves the show as much as JSF.

Unfortunately, what they are doing is working at ABCD - trying to reel in younger, new viewers while pissing off the old fans. I think ultimately soaps will realize the short-term gains, but I don't think in our day and age they can sustain too many new life-long viewers as they could back in the day. People are just too fickle these days.

• Members

You got it! I love me some Joanna Cohen. I think her dialog is poetry, and I get the impression that it's effortless (unlike Beall, who trys WAY too hard, in my opinion). It's as if she internalizes the intention of the scene, and writes the dialog from an emotional viewpoint. I understand the characters, whether they're happy, angry, sad... and I actually feel compassion for them, because it seems as if the characters are honestly expressing how they feel. Like I said a few weeks ago, I have absolutely NO USE for anything Lavery... AT ALL! But several weeks ago, when Ryan was trying to calm Jonathan down about his rage and grief over Erin's death -- OMG! I was soooo with Ryan. Cohen, to me, captured how it feels to lose someone but also how it feels to remember the good things about them and to continue moving on with life.

I love the speeches she writes! I adored the scenes with Zach and Kendall with Alex Sr. this friday.

Zach: You killed my mom. You pushed my mother over the balcony. I tried to save her, and I was too late. You killed my mom, because she was leaving you. She wanted her life back, so you took it from her before she ever had a chance to live it. She made the world wonderful, and you took her. You took her from me, from Michael, from Raymond. Yeah, I read those letters. They loved each other, and they were going to run away together, and you know what else? They were going to take the kids with them. They were going to give us a wonderful life, because Raymond did love her. He wasn't scared. He wasn't scared of his strength, his courage, because he was a real man. He wasn't like you. He wasn't a coward, pushing a woman over a balcony and blaming his 5-year-old son. You told me I killed my mom to toughen me up? That was it -- to toughen me up? It wasn't to save your ass from the police? It wasn't to guilt me and to control me -- it was to toughen me up! Well, you did it. I believed your sick little lie. And you know what happened that day? It was funny. Every time I looked at you, I felt hate. Every time I heard that voice, hate. Every time you touched me, hate! And I had no idea why it just kept growing and growing and growing, until one day I just -- I had to kill somebody, you or me. And there was little Michael sitting there looking at me, saying, "Hey, what's wrong, man? You're the Cambias heir. What more could you want?" I told him, more than anything, more than power, more than money, more than anything, I didn't want to be you. And I didn't know why not, until this morning. Now I realize it's not because you wanted to control me. It's because you took away everything beautiful in my life. Everything. And there was nothing more beautiful than her.

Kendall: On his knees, he is a million times the man that you will ever be. And no matter what happens tonight, I know who my husband is. He is the bravest, strongest, most loving man I have ever known. And I will always be right by his side. I will be there for him, always. And never, ever in my entire life have I been more proud of him than I am right now.

Whew! First, TK and AM delivered those lines brilliantly. But then again, I always seem to notice a spark in the actors when it's a Cohen day. Maybe it's all in my head or, as actors, they know when they're given quality material and step up to the plate. Who knows. All I know is that her scripts aren't filled with catch phrases and brimming with over-the-top insults. I'm sure if Beall wrote those scenes on the balcony, Kendall would've thrown in a "mega sick creep of a psycho on the freaked out tip" in there before it was all over and done. :rolleyes:

It also doesn't hurt that Cohen was writing from a Demorest breakdown... another one of my gilded picks on AMC's current writing staff. I'm tired of Agenda L. Beall, Lil' Miss Hot Mess and Queen of Redundant Filler. Cohen, Demorest and Michelle Patrick are the writers who stand out for me. Everyone else is decent and/or not as bad/good as the ones I've singled out, in my opinion. Although, Lewis has a tendency to make Ryan insufferable sometimes all the time and Chip Hayes needs to be shot for naming "Zarf."

• Members

Joanna Cohen impresses me as well. There is some intelligent thought provoking dialouge there. I hope she survives the regime change.

Yesterday's episode capped off what was the best week on AMC since the Mardis Gras Ball, for me anyway. It offered so much in terms of uspense, entertainment and sheer edge of your seat excitement. Alexander and Zach's showdown, finally. OMG Thorsten Kaye was absolutely amazing and as if you idn't think Zendall's love could become anymore stronger. I was in tears when Kendall was saying how Zach on his knees is a million more times the man than Alex is. Great drama.

Josh making Krystal faint..... :blink:

"I have a miracle"

Umm... more like the apocolypse....

• Members

AMC Zendall Fan, I have to agree. These two are OFFICIALLY a supercouple, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Megan, you have done wonders in winning me over to this couple I once DESPISED. That's an achievement in itself!

Congrats, girlfriend! Loveyababe! (And your character Babe!! :wub:)

Archived