OLTL: More info. on Nicoye Banks

Scotty

• Members

ACTOR NICOYE BANKS JOINS THE CAST OF "ONE LIFE TO LIVE"

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK January 24, 2007 Entertainment: Television News

(PRLEAP.COM) New YorkCity, NY – Actor/model Nicoye Banks began making appearances on ABC’s hit soap “One Life to Live”, at 2:00pm on Monday, January 22, 2007, until Friday, January 26, 2007. This is one of the many recurring visits that Nicoye Banks will make on the show. Nicoye plays the character of (Therapist Gray), a physical therapist who is appointed to provide care to the character of John Mcbain. McBain was badly injured in a car accident and suffered major burns and bruises all over his body. It is Nicoye Banks (Therapist Gray’s) job to get him back into the job force as a fully recovered detective.

“It is a tremendous honor to join the cast of such a prestigious show. I have been welcomed with open arms by all and I am looking forward to making a lasting impression with viewers worldwide”, says Nicoye. This past summer Nicoye Banks played the character of (T.J. Banks) in the Walt Disney Pictures Blockbuster film “Invincible”, co-starring opposite Mark Wahlberg and Greg Kinnear. Later on in 2006, Nicoye Banks was also seen on several episodes of NBC’s Emmy Award Winning series “Law & Order”.

NICOYE BANKS is available for phone interviews. Please do not hesitate in contacting Ra-Fael at 2R’s Entertainment & Media at 646.326.4803 or via email at [email protected] to make arrangements.

The Crescent City was the backdrop when the curtain was first raised on this up-and-coming star’s career. NICOYE was first bit by the “acting bug” while being cast in his first film… “Heart of Stone”, where alongside noteworthy actor Clifton Davis (Amen), he portrayed a wayward teenager sent to a boys home as an alternative to jail, in order to make a positive life change. Shortly thereafter, NICOYE’S performance, in “The Colored Museum”, at Southern University of New Orleans afforded him the opportunity to display his range by playing a number of diverse characters. From there, it didn’t take long for NICOYE’S talents to be recognized by Tommye Myrick (director of theatre at Southern University of New Orleans), who subsequently encouraged NICOYE to relocate to New York so that he could further his training in theatre under the direction of Myrick’s mentor, Gene Frankel.

NICOYE has continuously demonstrated his ability to play a wide range of characters, including his role as the flamboyant rap artist “B. Mo Smoov” in the 2005 release of “G”. While filming “G,” NICOYE holds his own opposite a cast that includes Richard T. Jones (The Wood, Judging Amy), Blair Underwood (Posse, Madea’s Family Reunion), Sonja Sohn (The Wire, Slam), Andre Royo (The Wire) and Chenoa (Girlfriends). NICOYE will also appear in the Tanuja Chandra produced film “Hope and a Little Sugar” and the upcoming film “Pride and Glory”, with Colin Farrell and Ed Norton, both due this spring.

“It matters not how straight the gate, nor how charged with punishment the scroll… I am the master of my fate… I am the captain of my soul”, says NICOYE.

If any of this information is posted please provide me with a link or tear-sheet of the article. For more information, please contact Ra-Fael at 2R’s Entertainment & Media at 646.326.4803 or via email at [email protected]

# # #

Look out for NICOYE BANKS in;

http://www.datzwhatzup.net/spotlight/nicoyebanks.php

GQ Magazine (Men of the Year Issue) Thanks MVD, Inc.

Mahogany Magazine

Dapper Magazine

The BLEU Magazine

Black Noir Magazine

Archived