February 12-16, 2007

Toups

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're right, it doesn't look like ATWT when he left, because at it;s worst it was better than his DAYS. The stories Hogan is playing are BORING, unimaginative, he has all the boring yound adults hogging up the screentime and the vets are on the backburner just like I said!

Don't forget at ATWT he said he LOVED Lucinda, Tom and Margo, yet he NEVER used any of the vets. And I still believe they used the budget cuts as an excuse to fire people he wasn't interested in writing.

At ATWT he picked a very narrow focus of characters to put in story after story with a ton of new, young characters thrown in. Previous experience is relevant, especially when you're doing the exact same thing.

I don't think Hogan is ever going to fully shape up at DAYS. He's overrated and got lucky with ATWT. To think of all the Emmys he won when Douglas Marland NEVER won for writing ATWT, the best period ever. I believe he has more Emmys than Bill Bell as well, which is ridiculous.

The luck has run out.

• Members

The quality for ATWT was good under his run too but dull as well. :lol: Thats what most Days fans are complaining about. Hogan took forever to tell a story and the payoff stunk. His earlier work Barbara/Craig was excellent but besides that and a few others the rest sucked.

• Members

RE: ATWT

Hogan used Lucinda so much in the Malta, Avanya, Simon, Rose stories. She didn't have a story of her own, but she had a great deal of airtime. She's the one I remember right off the bat during Hogan's run. Lucinda had so many great one-liners during that reign. Remember her and Henry? Lucinda was written more often than other vets.

• Members

I will try one more time.

It all depends on the number of people per household that is counted. Days households probably had more viewers in them than AMC's did.

AMC could have had more single dwelling households than Days did. Every household they get counted for has at least 1 viewer but some houses actually have 2 some maybe 3, and some even on up to 6 viewers and a college household count could have way up there that figure into the quotient.

Every household gets counted only once whether it has 1 viewer or 10 viewers.

When Nielsen counts the click for household, they count that as a TV set for that show.

At the same time they count how many viewers are in that household as a viewer for that TV.

So it just worked out that AMC actually had more TV's tuned in that day than DAys did but when they added up the viewers per TV Days came out ahead.

But as I pointed out before Nielsen counts the TV based on teh click of the little black box that tells them when the set was cut on, if it is cut off during the show at all, and even if the show is recorded or viewed live. That is something that they can guarantee to the advertiser. When the advertiser looks at that number - they know that the TV was on.

Nielsen does not have a little black box that says how many people are actually there. They can only estimate it.

When they come out and hook up your little black boxes, they do about 15 or 20 pages of paper work on you - at least they did us. They took info on every person in the household. If anybody was ever gone for more than a week out of the hosuehold we had to report it.

With that info they determine the size of the household. And assign a number of viewers per that household. Those viewers get counted for that show even if they are not actually viewing it at the time. So it is an estimated number and not a guaranteed number.

Every once in a while they will send out diaries for you to fill in that you have to list everybody who is watching, but they don't always do that.

I don't know how to explain it any better. I guess I am being too detailed but I am trying to put enough there that you will understand it.

If you still don't I can't explain it anymore. Maybe somebody else can.

• Members

I would have thought so too. Last week was really good and this week is spectacular. There is so much character driven stuff right now going on, and it is all so emotionally charged. I can really tell someone is working with Higley.

The stuff that intrigues me the most right now is the Tommy stuff. I love how Rex is torn. It would be so much better with a better actress playing Adriana. Gallo is so weak and in scenes with Lavoisier, Brier, and Marston she stands out like a sore thumb.

• Members

I get what you re saying but how do you explain that Days is ranked Higher had a higher HH but has a lower rating? I really don't remember this happening before.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 15, 2007

1.(1) Y&R: Thursday: 4.6/6,108,000 (-239,000)

2.(3) B&B: Thursday: 3.3/4,342,000 (-166,000)

3.(2) GH: Thursday: 3.1/4,053,000 (-572,000)

4.(7) DAYS: Thursday: 2.4/3,292,000 (-64,000)

5.(4) AMC: Thursday: 2.6/3,200,000 (-789,000)

6.(5) ATWT: Thursday: 2.4/3,108,000 (-384,000)

7.(6) OLTL: Thursday: 2.4/3,035,000 (-341,000)

8.(8) GL: Thursday: 2.3/2,903,000 (-383,000)

9.(9) PSNS: Thursday: 1.4/1,839,000 (-457,000)

• Members

Nice post Steve! :)

ITA with everything you said.

And I cannot belive AMC rose again. While I very, very, very rarely watch the show, I have heard so many negative things about it. I didn't catch a couple seconds of it today and Zarf (whatever his last name is) was something to Bianca about gardenia pedals and pink ribbons (I think)....and I was like "What the hell is this crap?" Don't mean to offend you AMC fans, but I thought it was awful. Just my opinion though.

• Members

The gardenia petals and pink ribbons are what the Satin Slayer is leaving behind on the women he is killing. It is his signature. If you haven't been watching it would be hard to understand and sound weird. Zoe was teh last almost victim of the SS. She/he was only beaten.

I have big problems with AMC too, but the stuff they have been putting out lately is intriguing if you watch it daily. I give them credit for that, and the Zoe/Zarf story had a few flaws but his being handled pretty good so far. Now that it is moving into a new phase I am liking it even more. I love seeing the bigotry coming out in the people you know, and seeing how they accept him/her or don't.

Archived