GREASE, You're the One that I Want

DaysFanJean

• Members

Is anyone watching this show? Sunday night was a blow away show. I loved it and wanted to get my video of Grease out and watch the whole movie again. Olivia Newton-John was the guest in the panel and what a treat to see her and how radiant she is and still "Sandy".

The contestants chosen for the finals are really good. I was surprised as when they first started the auditions, it looked pretty lame. Last night I could really see the potential. What troupers. My favorites are Chad and Ashley S. along with Derrick and Kate. It's difficult to tell what the chemistry between the Sandy and Danny wannabes really is though as they performed individually, however, I believe there is some mixing up and interacting this coming Sunday.

Andrew Lloyd Weber will be the guest panelist. My jaw dropped when he was announced and I was clapping with excitement for these contestants. What a dream of a lifetime for them to perform before ALW. This is a must see episode if you love Grease and talents competitions.

Oh, I forgot to add that there are two former Days actors in the finals: Chad (my current favorite) and Austin (the very best singer in my judgement). Here is a snippet from Jason47's blurb.

Austin Miller and Chad Doreck are two of the six finalists competing to play Danny in the new Broadway production of "Grease", and are appearing on the NBC reality series "Grease: You're the One That I Want" Sunday nights on NBC. Austin Miller portrayed Salem High School jock Hawk for 20 episodes from July 2001-July 2002, in scenes with the Salem High gang (Shawn, Belle, Chloe, Mimi, Philip, Jan, Jason). Although not mentioned on the "Grease" broadcasts, Chad Doreck is also a "Days" alumnus. He appeared in flashback scenes as a young Shane Donovan back in September, 1988. http://members.aol.com/jason47b/castingnews.html

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I really didn't agree with the judges decision to release Jason and Julianna. To me they beat the socks off Kevin and Allie.

Couples showed off chemistry tonight and who did ya'll like? I think Austin was perfection but too old for Danny and too serious so Max was the best Danny in my view with his fun loving, playful ways. I love Ashley and Laura both so would love to see them switch partners to see if that would make difference in chemistry. Both couples would be great and the rest don't even come close in spite of the judges saying Chad would be their choice tonight. Didn't see it LOL.

Archived