DAYS: New male character

• Members

I think what Hogan meant by his comment was that any new characters would be connected to core families, like Nick and Benji are.

Willow and whoever this guy is don't fit into that mold and, yes, that bugs me. I wouldn't worry though because they won't last. Hell, Willow is already backburnered. There hasn't been that many new characters. The one featured alot is Nick.

I do think Hogan should apread it out or even be a little more patient. He has only been writing since the Fall afterall. I would rather they kept Connor instead of adding this guy.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This better not be Willow's brother!!!!!!!!!! I want her and her family gone! But, he could be good so I will wait on him but if they are building a family for her I still hope she gets fired!

I agree with King and Ridge, we don't need any new characters. We need people like Eileen, Louise, and Joe back. Which means, fire people like Willow and any of her family they are bringing on. Or at least take Annie Burgstede off contract, that would at least be a step in the right directon.

I hope this guy isn't on contract. That would only cost Days more money.

• Members

If DAYS wants to bring back viewers they need to quit adding new characters and bring back some old favorites (Eileen, please!). I realize ED, JM and LS cost more than these newbies, but there have been a lot of cuts. Get rid of Willow, don't recast Mimi, make this new guy recurring and bring back KRISTEN!!!! With all the garbage NBC is spewing right now, increasing ratings is vital and all these new people just won't do it. Hear that, Hogan? Corday? Is anyone listening?

• Members

Of course these newbies costs alot less then veterans like Eileen, Louise, Joe etc. I understood it as Joe didn't like the terms anyway, so there's not much anyone can do about that since I belive Hogan wants to bring in Philip and EJ to sort of replace Stefano and Victor which is fair enough concidering the age Joe and John are in.

One new character I actually like/tolorate is Nick... there's potential.

Willow needs to be whiped out of our screens.

Connor fits in with the Lockhart family with the comedy stuff. But don't really wanna see more of him then we already do now. Rather him then Farah though. But I actually don't mind the character right now since she got together with Max. If Hogan is planning on a re-cast there, then I'm looking forward to it. Just to prove to the Farah fans anyone else is better then her. lol

• Members

I imagine Hogan's reasoning for introducing so many younger characters is to strengthen the teen base. With it being declared that Abby and Chelsea are now going to Salem U(?), I think a large focus is going to be put on the teens and school-life. Like, the way it was a few years back with Shawn, Belle, Chloe etc.

• Members

Hogan is doing his job. He is adding new feul into an old show. How do you think the Bradys were introduced? Roman came along, the writers saw potential and they decided to give him a sister, Kayla. Then, Kayla was a hit and they brought on their parents, followed by little brother Bo and sister, Kimberly. 20 years later, the Bradys are more important on the show than the Hortons. Now, I'm not saying that the Starks are going to be anywhere near central to the show that the Bradys or Hortons are, but I see nothing wrong with bringing on new blood. You can only bring back the same characters and telling the same stories so many times before it becomes stale. Lisa Rinna, anyone?

Dude, are you delusional, or what? Hogan has story for Willow, obviously, or he wouldn't be bringing on her family. Look at my comment above about the Bradys. Willow is a Hogan creation and you can rest assure that she'll be on for a while. They wouldn't have given Annie a contract and they wouldn't be casting her brother. DUH!

• Members

We don't know if it's her brother yet and we also don't know if it's long term. I am just basing everything on what I think will happen. I just don't see Willow or this Jed character staying for a long period of time. Willow has already been backburnered so to me that shows that she may not be around for the long haul. I never said I was right just like you shouldn't act like you think you know what is going to happen in regards to Willow. I agreed with you that she is similar to Nicole and her development but it doesn't mean she is going to follow the same path. I just don't see Willow lasting. Sorry if you disagree :)

• Members

:unusre: :unsure: :unsure:

Do you read the spoilers? If so, you will know that Willow has a huge storyline coming up. Maggie is backburnered. Caroline and Grandpa Shawn are backburnered. Hope is now backburnered. Kayla is backburnered. Willow? I don't think so!

• Members

Yes I read spoilers Drew. You know that.

However, we don't know if she is lying or not and who is to say it's even Shawn's or that she won't lose it? Again, we don't know nothing yet. I still stand by what I said. Willow will be gone by Fourth of July, if not earlier. I have been saying since she came on she had 6-8 months written all over her. I would also say this Jed character has a very short stint coming too. He seems like he is going to serve as the complication for Maby that Connor was supposed to be. After that, it's donezo. If you end up being right, your welcome to gloat and I will eat crow but nothing is proven yet so let's just wait and see.

Archived