DAYS: New male character

• Members

Again. NBC is who pushed for JER to go back to Days. Corday wanted him out and, if the rumors are true, he got so fed up he finally lost it and fired JER and that was against the network. Corday only agreed to JER's return to save Days and keep it on the air. I think Corday wanted him out for awhile but, when he realized he couldn't have that, he tried to force JER to write stories that Corday thought were ok. The stories still were bad for the most part but they were the traditional stories Corday wanted.

Many fans feel that Hogan is giving them what they want. I see what you mean though. It is hard to trust Days and Corday but I trust Hogan and that is why I am quite confident right now. As for selling the show to another network, that is saving it my friend. I would be shopping for another home now since it is clear no matter how great Days gets NBC wants out. 2009 is a long ways way so you may still get the bang you want. If the bang you want is big returns and events, I'm not sure you are going to get all that. I think you will see returns here and there but I do think it will be tough based on the budget and the fact that some actors may not want to come to a show that has an uncertain future.

I know Corday will seek out all possible avenues like he has in the past. Days almost went to ABC before so who knows. Anyway, I don't think either of us are getting far with this so I will just end it by saying I see your point but I just have to disagree. :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Corday definitely has his faults but NBC in recent years hasn't made it easy for him as far as DAYS goes. It makes you wonder if the network insisted on re-hiring JER back, hoping he'd fukk up the show so bad they would ultimately cancel it.

Compared to what LML and Frons are doing at Y&R and ABCD, I'd rather have Corday.

Archived